Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the market for a large custom acrylic display tank in 120x36x30 or 96x36x30.

For those of you who have ordered one in the last year, which company do you recommend I go with?? I saw advanced acrylics & Tenecor really have mixed reviews so I’m trying to do it right the first time without headaches
I’m currently waiting for my bank to finish up with a claim against advanced acrylics. They took my money but never called me for my phone consultation regarding the mods I’d need done to the over flow box/ holes for plumbing. They refused to give me a working phone number to call up until I actually cancelled then they all of the sudden wanted to work things out. I told them the cancellation is 100% at this point because I went with a different company and purchased a similar frag tank so please just send my money back to the original account. I let them slide for months and months and I’d message them saying “please just do the right thing and send my money back I’m trying to allow you to have the time to get it together for me without the bank having to step in” I truly want companies within this industry to thrive! I’m not out to get anyone I absolutely love this hobby. I even told them “look I’ve been doing this for 14yrs pls don’t put me in this position because I truly don’t want issues with anyone within this hobby and I don’t want to think that you guys are thieves .” I emailed for months stating that “with the inflation and things like that in America it’s seriously not cool to do this to someone.” I said “I’ve got alot going on in my own life and I’ve tried to hard to give y’all the benefit of the doubt here…”

they just continued telling me the money has been sent back and that it’s a problem between me and the bank not with me and them. They weren’t being honest though because I’d asked the bank multiple times if I had any pending transaction refunds on the way and I never did.
Finally just a few months ago I said “it’s been waaay to long at this point and I just feel completely disrespected now that your choosing to let this ride out as if you’ve sent that money back to me. My bank isn’t wrong about the money y’all are wrong for not sending the money back like you said you did. I will be filing the claim tomorrow.”
A different employee responded and said “we’ve started working on your tank can you tell me what you wanted changed in the overflow so we could ship out tomorrow?”

I went and filed the claim because that seriously just sent me over the edge and the fact that they would say that 4 months after the purchase is just wild. I mentioned in that last email also that “I’m seriously offended to see that you guys are participating in a R2R tank giveaway yet I couldn’t even get the tank that I payed hundreds of dollars for up front.” I told them it was a nano frag tank that was so small they could have just thrown the thing together with scrap acrylic and I would have been happy…. Very disappointed with this whole scenario.

im not one to publicly do this but honestly with the way prices are in this country today I really don’t want to see anyone end up in the position that I have been with this dragging out for as long as it has (which is partially my fault because I should have filed a claim a while ago and didn’t in hopes that they would prove me wrong but that never occurred)

I hate to make a post like this because I don’t ever want to hurt anyone that makes a living within this industry .I don’t ever want to hurt anyone when it comes to their finances! Im confused because I know this company isn’t new and I know many ppl have don’t good business with them so I’m not sure what went wrong here. I tried to hard to give them time and not make this any bigger than I needed to be. Im very disappointed to say the least. Hopefully they don’t to anyone else the way they did me and my family.

The tank was a gift so not all of that money was just mine and they were made aware of that being the case. It made me look stupid for telling my family that this place was reliable.

OP
OP
J

j000

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently waiting for my bank to finish up with a claim against advanced acrylics. They took my money but never called me for my phone consultation regarding the mods I’d need done to the over flow box/ holes for plumbing. They refused to give me a working phone number to call up until I actually cancelled then they all of the sudden wanted to work things out. I told them the cancellation is 100% at this point because I went with a different company and purchased a similar frag tank so please just send my money back to the original account. I let them slide for months and months and I’d message them saying “please just do the right thing and send my money back I’m trying to allow you to have the time to get it together for me without the bank having to step in” I truly want companies within this industry to thrive! I’m not out to get anyone I absolutely love this hobby. I even told them “look I’ve been doing this for 14yrs pls don’t put me in this position because I truly don’t want issues with anyone within this hobby and I don’t want to think that you guys are thieves .” I emailed for months stating that “with the inflation and things like that in America it’s seriously not cool to do this to someone.” I said “I’ve got alot going on in my own life and I’ve tried to hard to give y’all the benefit of the doubt here…”

they just continued telling me the money has been sent back and that it’s a problem between me and the bank not with me and them. They weren’t being honest though because I’d asked the bank multiple times if I had any pending transaction refunds on the way and I never did.
Finally just a few months ago I said “it’s been waaay to long at this point and I just feel completely disrespected now that your choosing to let this ride out as if you’ve sent that money back to me. My bank isn’t wrong about the money y’all are wrong for not sending the money back like you said you did. I will be filing the claim tomorrow.”
A different employee responded and said “we’ve started working on your tank can you tell me what you wanted changed in the overflow so we could ship out tomorrow?”

I went and filed the claim because that seriously just sent me over the edge and the fact that they would say that 4 months after the purchase is just wild. I mentioned in that last email also that “I’m seriously offended to see that you guys are participating in a R2R tank giveaway yet I couldn’t even get the tank that I payed hundreds of dollars for up front.” I told them it was a nano frag tank that was so small they could have just thrown the thing together with scrap acrylic and I would have been happy…. Very disappointed with this whole scenario.

im not one to publicly do this but honestly with the way prices are in this country today I really don’t want to see anyone end up in the position that I have been with this dragging out for as long as it has (which is partially my fault because I should have filed a claim a while ago and didn’t in hopes that they would prove me wrong but that never occurred)

I hate to make a post like this because I don’t ever want to hurt anyone that makes a living within this industry .I don’t ever want to hurt anyone when it comes to their finances! Im confused because I know this company isn’t new and I know many ppl have don’t good business with them so I’m not sure what went wrong here. I tried to hard to give them time and not make this any bigger than I needed to be. Im very disappointed to say the least. Hopefully they don’t to anyone else the way they did me and my family.

The tank was a gift so not all of that money was just mine and they were made aware of that being the case. It made me look stupid for telling my family that this place was reliable.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time I read something like this regarding advanced acrylics. I pretty much ruled them out once they quoted me $4650 for a sump… :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

CLICK TO VIEW
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back