Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it in the euro brace? Hard to tell from that picture.. if you can get a picture of the tank in general where that crack is..
See the pics I added in the string. He said the crack is in the back so I'm assuming it's the top brace along the back (hopefully that makes sense).

Nutramar Foods

albano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, if he drops the price (which he should) I’d be driving over to pick it up!
In that last pic, it looks like the center brace is separate from the perimeter brace… maybe ask for top down pic

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, if he drops the price (which he should) I’d be driving over to pick it up!
In that last pic, it looks like the center brace is separate from the perimeter brace… maybe ask for top down pic
Thanks. I’ll ask for a top pic. And ask what he’s willing to go down to.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the original

Here is the original photo from the site. I think it is the very upper part of the tank and 'm assuming it is the top brace. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that brace basically acrylic that lines the top and extends a bit over the water and provides support for the outward pressure on the sides?

View attachment 2887993
That’s exactly what it does! It’s really hard to say without seeing better pictures.. it’s easy to repair the euro brace with a block or something below it basically a patch… what worries me it looks like a bubble in the glue joint where it’s giving away.. this could have happened from a metal halide cooking the plastic with cold water below it or shotty work to begin with.. do you know somebody that works with acrylic or knows how to repair it? If so I’d take them with you and get their opinion… of course we could walk you through it over this forum but I can’t tell you if it’s worth repairing or not without actually seeing it in person..

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seam has totally let loose on the left and coming apart on the right.. where it’s cloudy is a failed glue joint.. the clear one on the right next to it, is glued up well for the moment… if that one failed makes me sketchy about the rest.. the best advice I can give you is, if he drops the price a lot and you have someone that can repair it go for it! Also check the rest of the seams from top to bottom for any hazy looking glue joints! It’s should all be clear and look like a mirror finish
EC14418C-380E-4E84-B88A-85B7A656B602.jpeg

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seam has totally let loose on the left and coming apart on the right.. where it’s cloudy is a failed glue joint.. the clear one on the right next to it, is glued up well for the moment… if that one failed makes me sketchy about the rest.. the best advice I can give you is, if he drops the price a lot and you have someone that can repair it go for it! Also check the rest of the seams from top to bottom for any hazy looking glue joints! It’s should all be clear and look like a mirror finishView attachment 2888070..
Thanks for the analysis. This is very helpful. I don’t have anyone who can do the repair and definitely not someone who can go with me. I will probably pass on it and keep looking. I am redoing the floor in the basement and that offers me the opportunity to upgrade. The 90g I have is not conducive to coral in my opinion. I want to get a better setup to do that.

CLICK TO VIEW

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the analysis. This is very helpful. I don’t have anyone who can do the repair and definitely not someone who can go with me. I will probably pass on it and keep looking. I am redoing the floor in the basement and that offers me the opportunity to upgrade. The 90g I have is not conducive to coral in my opinion. I want to get a better setup to do that.
It honestly seems priced kinda high compared to what I’ve seen out here in Vegas.. I’m sure it varies in every area.. but here’s one for example that looks identical besides the stand. It’s still cheaper than you can buy the acrylic for any more thou haha!

Attachments

• 2860B880-057B-402A-8D56-41AD17D4D075.png
    2860B880-057B-402A-8D56-41AD17D4D075.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 23

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The seam has totally let loose on the left and coming apart on the right.. where it’s cloudy is a failed glue joint.. the clear one on the right next to it, is glued up well for the moment… if that one failed makes me sketchy about the rest.. the best advice I can give you is, if he drops the price a lot and you have someone that can repair it go for it! Also check the rest of the seams from top to bottom for any hazy looking glue joints! It’s should all be clear and look like a mirror finishView attachment 2888070..
This is a Weldon 2 easy repair

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It honestly seems priced kinda high compared to what I’ve seen out here in Vegas.. I’m sure it varies in every area.. but here’s one for example that looks identical besides the stand. It’s still cheaper than you can buy the acrylic for any more thou haha!
I agree

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Weldon 2 easy repair
You mean 3 or 4? Never heard of 2… I do acrylic for a living lol.. there’s also 40,42.. you sure could just glue it up but it won’t hold with out blocking on the inside of the tank.. it’s almost impossible to get that cleaned out to glue it up properly, also if you just tried to glue the brace back up there’s a good chance that crack would come back and spread down the back of the tank and ultimately fail without a patch again.. it looks simpler than it really is if you know what you’re doing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You mean 3 or 4? Never heard of 2… I do acrylic for a living lol.. there’s also 40,42.. you sure could just glue it up but it won’t hold with out blocking on the inside of the tank.. it’s almost impossible to get that cleaned out to glue it up properly, also if you just tried to glue the brace back up there’s a good chance that crack would come back and spread down the back of the tank and ultimately fail without a patch again.. it looks simpler than it really is if you know what you’re doing.
3 - the tiny keyboard on my phone. . let me tell you LOL

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are interested, we will soon have our annual prototype, training, blemished, cancelled orders sale coming up. These are never used tanks that we have collected the past twelve months for the reasons described. Some are training tanks for new fabricators. Some bubbles in the seams as they learn. Others are prototype/
r and d tanks. Stuff we built to test new designs. And a couple cancelled orders that were already in production. We don’t have that many. But they all are covered by our lifetime warranty. I think the biggest one is around 90/125 gallons. 30 inch tall with bent front corners. Blue back. Real pretty. And they go fast.

Nutramar Foods

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not work. The crack is in the middle of the back. It is behind what appears to be behind the overflow.
I can’t see the video on my phone… I’d say keep looking as there’s lots of deals out there right now.. I’ve seen locally so many people just dumping their systems cause they can’t afford it any more. You said your 90 is a problem you def don’t want another one lol

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the video on my phone… I’d say keep looking as there’s lots of deals out there right now.. I’ve seen locally so many people just dumping their systems cause they can’t afford it any more. You said your 90 is a problem you def don’t want another one lol
The problem with the 90 (in my opinion) is the dimensions. It is 63” x 13” x 25”. The depth is a problem getting light down. It’s very narrow front to back so aqua scaping is a problem. I was told by my LFS that it’s a display tank good for fish (tall and long). A 90g is fine it’s really the dimensions. Again that’s in my opinion. I have a 20g Waterbox with an AI Prime and it does great. I have 3 Kessil 360we lights and nothing grows and if it does it’s only orange.

BRS

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the 90 (in my opinion) is the dimensions. It is 63” x 13” x 25”. The depth is a problem getting light down. It’s very narrow front to back so aqua scaping is a problem. I was told by my LFS that it’s a display tank good for fish (tall and long). A 90g is fine it’s really the dimensions. Again that’s in my opinion. I have a 20g Waterbox with an AI Prime and it does great. I have 3 Kessil 360we lights and nothing grows and if it does it’s only orange.
Yeah that’s very narrow! Good for fish like you said.. ideally you want wide and shallow for a reef to get better light distribution.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are interested, we will soon have our annual prototype, training, blemished, cancelled orders sale coming up. These are never used tanks that we have collected the past twelve months for the reasons described. Some are training tanks for new fabricators. Some bubbles in the seams as they learn. Others are prototype/
r and d tanks. Stuff we built to test new designs. And a couple cancelled orders that were already in production. We don’t have that many. But they all are covered by our lifetime warranty. I think the biggest one is around 90/125 gallons. 30 inch tall with bent front corners. Blue back. Real pretty. And they go fast.
Definitely interested. How would I review what you have?

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back