Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ground probe is in, and the results are....
20171223_190314.jpg

8mV. We went to basically nothing. Now, let's see if everything starts perking up a bit more.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night during tank maintenance I scared up one of my gobies. No more siphoning the sand bed. At least I know one of them is still alive. I really wish they would come out of hiding. I want to watch them play. I need a bunch of nassarius snails and maybe a fighting conch to keep the sand clean.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is the goby was in the sand and I poked right next to him. I saw a flash of red and white blast out of the sand and zip behind the rocks into Maui's cave. I'm not worried about Maui bothering any of the fish. I scared him with his food Friday... big baby.

I'm putting in an order in for some CUC and macro for the fuge. Diatoms are getting out of hand and we're starting to grow a bit of GHA in a few places, nothing bad tho. Placed the order with Reef Cleaners. Nassarius, fighting conch, dwarf cerith, florida cerith, chaeto and ulva... Should be here later this week, hopefully.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is the goby was in the sand and I poked right next to him. I saw a flash of red and white blast out of the sand and zip behind the rocks into Maui's cave. I'm not worried about Maui bothering any of the fish. I scared him with his food Friday... big baby.

I'm putting in an order in for some CUC and macro for the fuge. Diatoms are getting out of hand and we're starting to grow a bit of GHA in a few places, nothing bad tho. Placed the order with Reef Cleaners. Nassarius, fighting conch, dwarf cerith, florida cerith, chaeto and ulva... Should be here later this week, hopefully.
I picked up around 100 snails and 20 hermits from Reef Cleaners last week. His stuff always comes in great shape for me.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered:

4 Florida Cerith
10 Dwarf Cerith
8 Nassarius Vibex
1 Florida Fighting Conch
1 Chaeto
1 Ulva

I figured that was plenty for my tank. Don't want to starve everything a week after I add them and they've cleaned out everything. I wanted some more blue leg hermits, but they were out... :(

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a link?
What I found is it's some kind of dohickey that uses a watchamacallit to convert hydrogen peroxide into oxygen and water... why, I have no idea...

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished testing parameters for the first time in 20 days. Yes I know, slack Turtle! Here's what we got.
Screenshot_20171224-214236.jpg
Screenshot_20171224-214258.jpg

Eveything looks good except phosphate is way high. I think I'm going to stop the NOPOX, which has been working on nitrates nicely, and hope the macro can take over nutrient reduction. My cleaner package ships out Tuesday, and it's USPS "express overnight or second day." It's only got to make it from FL to SC, so I'm pretty sure the post office can manage that in 24 hours.

Corals.com

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. My cleaner package ships out Tuesday, and it's USPS "express overnight or second day." It's only got to make it from FL to SC, so I'm pretty sure the post office can manage that in 24 hours.

Never assume. I had my Return pump shipped 2 day from BRS (Minnesota) to Me (Wisconsin) 8hr drive one way. Somehow it was delayed in New York AND Tennessee. Like what the heck. Why did it go from Minnesota, to NJ to NY to TN to IL to Milwaukee, back down the sturdevant (which they drove past from Chicago IL to Milwaukee WI) to me. Too much Bs is the shipping dept. in the mean time of this 3, almost 4, day schpeal, my Tank was without a return pump.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never assume. I had my Return pump shipped 2 day from BRS (Minnesota) to Me (Wisconsin) 8hr drive one way. Somehow it was delayed in New York AND Tennessee. Like what the heck. Why did it go from Minnesota, to NJ to NY to TN to IL to Milwaukee, back down the sturdevant (which they drove past from Chicago IL to Milwaukee WI) to me. Too much Bs is the shipping dept. in the mean time of this 3, almost 4, day schpeal, my Tank was without a return pump.
That's crazy. BRS ships UPS, which is stupid. Them and USPS have no idea of what is going on. Never had an issue with FedEx and over nights are guaranteed by 10:30am, usually before. UPS might show up by noon.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back