Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember what we said about not being able to reach the outlet all that well...
20171222_100646.jpg

$15 vs $50... we're gonna be getting creative here when we get home.

Also, why do I have to choose which fuel I want at the diesel pump? There is only one choice!
20171222_100825.jpg

AS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm...
£1.20 is $1.60...
There's right around 3.8 liters in a gallon...

$1.60x3.8l=....

$6.08 a gallon of diesel!!! ;Facepalm;Nailbiting:eek:

I'd quit driving. I have a 30 gallon tank on the truck and it gets 14mpg. I know, I just HAD to have 35"x12.50" tires... LT315/75R16

That's 16.8l/100km for those of you who forgot how to use their own measurement system.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mercedes clk 3 litre V6 turbo diesel by the way. ;)

2004 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.0L diesel. Pretty sure my truck is illegal in the UK. I kinda may have changed the factory tune and removed all the emissions junk. Technically, it's illegal here(shhhh) but we have no inspections in SC.

400hp 734ftlbs of torque, dynoed, at the tires(tyres). 0-60mph in 6sec for a 8000lb truck is pretty decent.

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that was quite a boom.
And disturbing, for me atleast, I work at a auto factory and we have a powerhouse with old Coal fired boilers now converted to NG, I have been called on to Charge and reset breakers a few times with nothing more than a face shield and welding jacket. Scary as $#!+ ..thank god those days are over.
2004 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.0L diesel.
Beautiful Shape and looked new to me, up here in the rust belt it would not look like that. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he finally bought a new Ford 350 to replace his 20 Year old ford utility pushing 400k, he said
he never touched the engine, trans, or rearend, its just rusting out from under him.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Shape and looked new to me, up here in the rust belt it would not look like that. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he finally bought a new Ford 350 to replace his 20 Year old ford utility pushing 400k, he said he never touched the engine, trans, or rearend, its just rusting out from under him.

What is rust? Lol... down here vehicles die of old age and the body is still rust free. My truck was originally titled in SC, then AL and AK... yes Alaska and then back home. The only rust I have is very minor surface rust on the frame, springs, axels, ect... and the bottom of the tailgate on the inside, where the skin is welded on. The drivers fender right at the F250 badge is mashed in from a deer that wanted to commit suicide and right behind the rear tire on the passenger side someone bashed it in at a parking lot... the truck still drives fine, I'll get it fixed later.

When I bought it, it had the 99-04 front end on it(obviously being an 04 truck) and the grill had snaps on it for a vinyl radiator cover. I since then have killed numerous (hit at least six) deer with the truck and I changed the front end to the 05-07 style. Ford used the same cab on the F250-550 and even the F650 and F750 with a modified fron clip from 99-16... a door from a 2016 will bolt right to my truck and fit perfectly. The solid back glass out of the newer trucks is a straight swap and something I'd like to do. It's really hard to reach back in a crew cab truck and open the sliding glass. The solid glass is a cleaner look.

BRS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I've installed my GFCI outlet... had to slide the tank out the way... talk about scary.

The outlet is detecting a fault with nothing plugged in. VERY CAREFULLY disconnect the load side of the outlet and reset the trip. Stays reset. Umm... great, something down circuit has a ground fault. I have no idea what is on this circuit, it only says "Den" on the panel box. I know my TV is up circuit, because it still works with the ground fault tripped. Gotta do some hunting.

AS

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last hijack I Swear, but wanted to show my daily reminder, this is on my coffee cabinet, I was wrapping caution tape on the collum and bumped the conduit. I was lucky only the white spot was 3rd degree.

20171222_115627.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last hijack I Swear, but wanted to show my daily reminder, this is on my coffee cabinet, I was wrapping caution tape on the collum and bumped the conduit. I was lucky only the white spot was 3rd degree.

View attachment 638030

Holy crap, that conduit was live! Lucky is right.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That GFCI handle the front porch
It just might... hang on.

Thank you, I was racking my brain to what else could be on here. I'm running thru the house sticking my meter in outlets to see which ones don't have power.

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pig-tail the receptacle as a stand alone to get power to the tank. nothing on the load, if that circuit go's to a light and the bulb burns out that could trip the gfci then its tank out as well

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'm gonna go ahead hook both line and load to the same terminal on the GFCI outlet. Everything down circuit won't be protected... but it hasn't been protected for almost 39 years. The tank will still be on GFCI and that's all I need.

I'd have to look at a wiring diagram to be 100% sure... but I think that maybe those split outlets on the back wall could possibly be an issue. The bottom plug is wired to breaker #12, but the top plug is on the bedroom breaker and ran thru a light switch. 1970s way of turning lamps on and off...

There is only one ground on those outlets. If they share a common ground it might be sensing something weird. Idk, grasping at straws here. Time to get the tank running, going on 2 hours without power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...
Everything is wired back up, the tank is running, And I only received one small shock(how I figured out the lamp isn't on the same breaker ;Nailbiting). My fish and corals seem to be fine. Bonnie and Clyde are swimming around being normal clowns. McLeod is hanging out, like always. Tim is in his hidey hole with his head out. Maui is hidden right now, but i saw him trying to figure out what was going on a few times when I had the tank unplugged.

As for the two basslets we added a while back. I haven't seen any trace of them since they were added. They both went behind the rocks where Maui hangs out and haven't returned. Bonnie goes back there regularly, but she always returns.

The two gobies and pistol shrimp we added Wednesday have also remained hidden. I saw the tail of the larger one sticking out of a hole under what will eventually be zoa peninsula, but it disappeared completely and I haven't see it since. The shrimp wad over on the right side of the tank, but I think it went around back behind the rocks. I'm not really sure where the small goby went too.

I've got cute names for the gobies already, but I wanted to wait until they came out before I disclosed them.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back