Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not the only one, I can't grow a SPS to save my life. They just sit stagnant in my tank until they decide to just die, even Montis...:(:(

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not the only one, I can't grow a SPS to save my life. They just sit stagnant in my tank until they decide to just die, even Montis...:(:(

There is some curse with this tank. Idk what happened but ever since I bought this thing I can't keep SPS. I've never been albe to keep acros alive for more than about two weeks. They do fine, then all of a sudden they RTN one at a time. I've grown stylo and birds nest before tho in my 14g before I got this 35g.

I give up. I'm not buying one more thing for this tank. If coral lives, it lives. If not oh well. I've spent way too much money on things that "should work" only for everything to still die. Nobody knows how to fix it either. They just have wild *** guesses that end up killing everything faster.

This is probably the end of me posting here. I've had enough. The end.

BRS

Sipec

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is some curse with this tank. Idk what happened but ever since I bought this thing I can't keep SPS. I've never been albe to keep acros alive for more than about two weeks. They do fine, then all of a sudden they RTN one at a time. I've grown stylo and birds nest before tho in my 14g before I got this 35g.

I give up. I'm not buying one more thing for this tank. If coral lives, it lives. If not oh well. I've spent way too much money on things that "should work" only for everything to still die. Nobody knows how to fix it either. They just have wild *** guesses that end up killing everything faster.

This is probably the end of me posting here. I've had enough. The end.
I wouldnt give up yet, i have a few questions. First, what kind of flow do you have? Second, do you dose with a sps booster like acro power? Third, like scurvy said, something may be picking at the coral. How did you acclimate the corals to the tank? Did you light acclimate them? And also if it doesent work out to do sps, why not keep the other corals? Are they doing fine or is everything dying? Earlier you mentioned metals i. Your water? Could any of hese things be contributing to the demise?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt give up yet, i have a few questions. First, what kind of flow do you have? Second, do you dose with a sps booster like acro power? Third, like scurvy said, something may be picking at the coral. How did you acclimate the corals to the tank? Did you light acclimate them? And also if it doesent work out to do sps, why not keep the other corals? Are they doing fine or is everything dying? Earlier you mentioned metals i. Your water? Could any of hese things be contributing to the demise?

First flow: currently provided by a Jebao PP8 and SW4. The return is a Sicee 3.0, and the ball valve is about 3/4 open.

Second, dosing. Phyto and oyster feast daily, red sea energy a and b weekly.

Third, something picking at the coral. Like what? I see nothing in the tank.

The metals showed up a Triton test I won back in November, or around there. I'll attach the results from that. Back at the beginning of this month I changed out all my DI resin. It was showing 0tds like it always has so I considered it good. When I replaced it, all of the resin had changed to tan. I made up 30ish gallons of fresh salt water with the new DI resin and did approximately a 90% water change. Everything looked like it perked up, and my forest fire monti made a comeback from near death. Since then i have done nothing but one other 10 ish gallon water change and feed the fish and corals. Alk has been steady at 8.7 since the 11th. No spike, no drop. I do not dose and Calcium, alkalinity or magnesium... it doesn't drop...

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment list...

Sicce 3.0
Jebao PP8
Jebao SW4
Bubble Magus Curve 5
Kessil A160we x2
Titanium ground probe
Tunze Osmolator
Eshopps Curve LED refugium light

25lbs live rock
30lbs Caribsea Tahitian Moon black sand
Chaeto
1/2 gallon Marine Pure spheres in overflow
Small bag of carbon in sump
One bag of Cuprisorb in overflow

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back