+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South England, we don't do snow!
(Everyone with a 4 wheel drive needs to butt out, watch this get zero responses!) ;)
Bored and feeling naughty, today's sipping rum is bought to you by "Red leg spiced" soon to be Appleton's signature!
Stay back!
I'm armed with a good attitude and a camera! ;)

DSC_0002 by sshipuk, on Flickr

There's my favorite ornery Englishman. Lol

South eastern United States, we don't know what snow is. Heck it was 80 last week, now it's almost freezing outside. Been raining for the last 2 days also. Ok, so maybe 55 isn't freezing to you. Try being a turtle. I was going to get the Harley outnthe garage too.

I bought the 4x4 because working in a power plant, even if the earth opens up and Hades himself spits fire everywhere, I have to report to my shift. We had this one year where this mysterious white stuff fell out the sky and everyone lost their minds and bought up all the bread and milk. I had to go to work in it and I may or may not have needed 4x4... there was a time a several years ago when I went to the bar and frozen drinks were falling out of the sky. Just walk outside and scoop some up and pour alcohol on top of it. I could have used 4x4 then. I almost didn't make it up a hill.

Yea, we don't know what snow is... people forget everything they know when the mysterious white stuff falls out the sky. Especially how to drive, people forget how to do that because it's Tuesday.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had this one year where this mysterious white stuff fell out the sky and everyone lost their minds and bought up all the bread and milk.
Don't forget the eggs!

Nothing goes better with a snow storm than French Toast! That is why everyone stocks up on milk, bread, and eggs if they think one is coming! :rolleyes:

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's my favorite ornery Englishman. Lol

South eastern United States, we don't know what snow is. Heck it was 80 last week, now it's almost freezing outside. Been raining for the last 2 days also. Ok, so maybe 55 isn't freezing to you. Try being a turtle. I was going to get the Harley outnthe garage too.

I bought the 4x4 because working in a power plant, even if the earth opens up and Hades himself spits fire everywhere, I have to report to my shift. We had this one year where this mysterious white stuff fell out the sky and everyone lost their minds and bought up all the bread and milk. I had to go to work in it and I may or may not have needed 4x4... there was a time a several years ago when I went to the bar and frozen drinks were falling out of the sky. Just walk outside and scoop some up and pour alcohol on top of it. I could have used 4x4 then. I almost didn't make it up a hill.

Yea, we don't know what snow is... people forget everything they know when the mysterious white stuff falls out the sky. Especially how to drive, people forget how to do that because it's Tuesday.

Very interesting, I have done a lot of thinking over the past 24 hours since I got sent home due to the weather.
Not going to say what I do but one of the things I help make and distribute has lives that depend on it.
We are nearly spring here and this is an extraordinary event for us, I will be changing cars to a 4x4 sometime this year.
The site can not function without me and my 3 work mates!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting, I have done a lot of thinking over the past 24 hours since I got sent home due to the weather.
Not going to say what I do but one of the things I help make and distribute has lives that depend on it.
We are nearly spring here and this is an extraordinary event for us, I will be changing cars to a 4x4 sometime this year.
The site can not function without me and my 3 work mates!

Few years ago we had a "1000 year flood"... roads washed out and my shift had to stay at the plant overnight because there was no was home(highway payrol had blocked off a section of flooded highway, the back roads had washed out already) and work their shift the next day. Total of 36 hours stuck in the power plant. I had scheduled vacation(staycation) a few months prior so I was comfortable at home on top of my hill. No flood here, but down the road from me was under about 2' of water at one point.

My company has essential and non essential employees. I'm essential. Power generation being federally regulated, you can't just say, "Sorry folks, due to inclement weather we're turning your power off and going home."

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Appleton's opened, purely medicinal, trying to keep my core temperature up! ;)

Actually @najer, alcohol increases blood flow to your extremities and lowers core body temperature. It only makes you feel warmer because your hands and feet warm up... and it gets you drunk!

I haven't had Appleton, is it any good? I may need to stay warm tonight...

Top Shelf Aquatics

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually @najer, alcohol increases blood flow to your extremities and lowers core body temperature. It only makes you feel warmer because your hands and feet warm up... and it gets you drunk!

I haven't had Appleton, is it any good? I may need to stay warm tonight...

The Signature blend is very nice.
I like warm extremities! :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 i wish I could. @najer enjoy the snow and stay warm if it is only your extremities. I’m from Michigan and love the snow. :)I currently live in Springfield Il and they think they know what snow is and they don’t have a clue.:( I truly mis the white stuff.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 i wish I could. @najer enjoy the snow and stay warm if it is only your extremities. I’m from Michigan and love the snow. :)I currently live in Springfield Il and they think they know what snow is and they don’t have a clue.:( I truly mis the white stuff.

My god man you've been held captive too long. Stockholm syndrome or something... here, let me help you.

tropical-caribbean-beach.jpg

World Wide Corals

sfin52

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just left costa maya miss the warmth but love the snow. Standing in the middle of a Forrest with heavy snow coming down is one of the most peaceful places to be.
1725488A-E9E7-419D-A0B7-9E62EEEA999C.jpeg
02825277-38A0-4092-A03B-C766DE6BC83F.jpeg
8E876C31-F921-4EE5-AA65-B6A6B1F0EF52.jpeg
2F3B225E-917A-4D4B-8F49-C98E05CADDA7.jpeg
769E5996-9203-49A7-996F-4C01AEA91CE4.jpeg
1725488A-E9E7-419D-A0B7-9E62EEEA999C.jpeg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see how anyone likes snow. It's cold, is wet, if it lasts more than a day it freezes overnight and turns the ground into the nastiest half frozen mud hole you've ever seen... it's cold. Hahaha. Snow sucks, everything turns to mush, like it rained for two weeks straight then froze. Which, I'm not sure if you know this, but freezing things requires COLD. LOL

Have I mentioned I strongly dislike cold weather? Last week while I was working it was in the 80s. This week while I'm off its 60 at best and raining. :(;Turtle

sfin52

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, do t think you mentioned how your really feel about snow. :) Or maybe the mod will put a stop to the language that may be needed to convey how you really feel.

That’s southern snow, northern snow stays around for weeks even months at a time. No mud just frozen ground you can’t see. If it gets cold enough you can even walk on the top of snow.

Wait I’m not helping my case;Facepalm I give up;) Enjoy the simi warmth.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your a bartender???? :eek::eek::eek::eek: That rocks!!!!

:p

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, do t think you mentioned how your really feel about snow. :) Or maybe the mod will put a stop to the language that may be needed to convey how you really feel.

That’s southern snow, northern snow stays around for weeks even months at a time. No mud just frozen ground you can’t see. If it gets cold enough you can even walk on the top of snow.

Wait I’m not helping my case;Facepalm I give up;) Enjoy the simi warmth.

Wanna know something that's soft and white that you can walk on top of no matter how warm it is outside?

A beautiful, tropical Caribbean beach. ;)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Inkbird
Back