Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing business in the Asian culture is often times based on trust and relationships. I often spent time with Asian people before making the business proposition. Both parties take the time to see if we are people of our word. Once you have agreement do not deviate without clear disclosure and approval by the other party. This is a relationship that must be transparent and mutually beneficial. You are partners in business not just sellers and buyers. Friendship often develops and further cements the relationship. If this is your native culture you already understand. I often gave gifts as a response to this type of relationship. It is a warmer more personal way of business than western culture. That does not mean the other person is above reproach that is what you must observe first before the relationship develops.
So what do you suggest? We've yet to meet although we have had some real conversations messaging and not purely business related. I do fully intend to follow through with my end of the deal (of course sometimes there are things that occur out of your control) but we've yet to make any transactions or exchange of product/money at this point. Would you simply accept this free gift as a token of good will which is what it appears to be or would you be wary he would later have an expectation of reciprocation? I don't mind doing nice things for friends and anyone id be in a business relationship with but i don't like to feel like i constantly "owe someone something" or hate to treat someone special due purely because of something they did for me. This is my only concern with accepting without buying something additional. (Although no matter how much i would buy, he still would have given me a very generous gift for free.)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Timfish well instead of buying an additional coral today since I already have my eye set on another relatively expensive piece from another seller i told him I'd like to offer him at least some partial compensation but he declined and insisted on giving it to me for free...I'd imagine you're right that he may be overstocked or just wants to move a few pieces and since I'm planning on breeding food for him to sell he's also doing it as a goodwill gesture. Still amazingly generous of him since the piece i chose is the biggest one of the 4 and with the worms would certainly carry additional value even if they are small right now. Like i said, generally I'd decline an offer like that because i hate to feel i owe someone something but i don't want to appear ungrateful (and i am really grateful).

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Black Label Aquatics
Back