Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I buy another coral from him and accept the Christmas Tree Worms for free or just tell him that it's too generous to accept for free and make an offer for the worms? The thing is, when he messaged me i had to open the message first and he can see i read it... knowing this, i replied thanking him and expressing my gratitude because i didn't want to leave it for him to see the message on "read" and think i was ungrateful...
You are under no obligation to buy anything. You can always say you thought about it, but can't accept it for free. From there, you can barter a deal that you are comfortable with. I personally don't like free things, and try to trade if the person won't take cash. That way, the matter is settled right then and there, and the other person will not have expectations of getting a free item later. (Though they might anyway) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like a good will gesture to me also. Having a local source of aquarium grown animals may be a lot more valuable to him than a couple coral colonies. I wouldn't be surprised of he has multiple reasons either, could be the corals have been sitting to long in his systems and he wants the room for something that moves faster is an additional one I can think of.
The guy has great connections with other shops in the area as well! I think I'll buy a coral from him too though...he does have nice stuff.

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are under no obligation to buy anything. You can always say you thought about it, but can't accept it for free. From there, you can barter a deal that you are comfortable with. I personally don't like free things, and try to trade if the person won't take cash. That way, the matter is settled right then and there, and the other person will not have expectations of getting a free item later. (Though they might anyway) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I love free things LOL.
The guy has great connections with other shops in the area as well! I think I'll buy a coral from him too though...he does have nice stuff.
Well there you go. He sounds like a good guy to make friends with.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the same as me, when I give something for free i don't expect reciprocation but many people feel different. I'll see what he has in stock coral wise and if he has something i want I'll buy it for his stated price and not try to lower him on it as long as it seems reasonable...if he doesn't have anything in stock i wanna get I'll offer him something for the worms and explain to him i don't feel comfortable accepting something free from someone i haven't met yet...he should understand that

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful person but I'm always grateful for someone who is willing to give. If that makes any sense. There's nothing wrong with taking a gift as long as it is sincere

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are clear with him of any deficiencies and are willing to compensate then I'm sure you will develop a great relationship
I'll go ahead and set up a time we can meet as well...he's a pretty busy guy apparently so I'll probably end up getting the coral and worms before we meet but that's a meeting I'll definitely be on time for. He may have additional reasons for wanting to move one of them but that certainly doesn't reduce the value of his offer even if that is the case. He definitely seems like a good connection to have and do future business with and hopefully we'll hit it off.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back