Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to handle this and would like a few opinions on what to do...There's a shop nearby me and I've been discussing with the shop owner over the past month about going into an informal work deal with him selling him something for him to in turn sell for a profit to customers which is the only way i know him... haven't even met him yet in person and only bought from the shop once i believe. I've been looking for another Christmas Tree Worm Porites and since that's what I bought from him the first time I've been trying to get in touch with him for the past few days. He just got back to me today showing me the Worm Rocks he has in stock and when I asked about price he said he would give me any of them for completely free. This is incredibly generous considering the value and honestly I'm not sure I'm comfortable accepting the offer but some people get offended if you decline an offer given out of generosity. What should I do? I was thinking about picking a coral to buy from him so it's more of a generous "add on" instead of being completely free...does this sound reasonable? What would you do?

Here are pics of the Christmas Tree Worms he offered me my choice of. Although they aren't packed with worms these are still valuable pieces! Screenshot_2023-01-03-19-49-09-414_jp.naver.line.android.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-03-19-49-06-171_jp.naver.line.android.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-03-19-49-01-738_jp.naver.line.android.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-03-19-48-59-332_jp.naver.line.android.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have a really good thing going there. But you definitely need to meet him first
I agree I absolutely need to meet the guy and the only reason i haven't yet is because i was advised to have what I'm planning to be selling to him ready to go before going to meet, otherwise id have nothing to offer him at the moment...what should I do right now though? The worms are kinda time sensitive because they need to be fed daily and everything which i doubt he's doing...do you think my idea of making another purchase from him along with accepting his offer is a good idea? It's still incredibly generous of him and like i said, some people would be offended by their generosity being declined.

Nutramar Foods

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are selling the shop owner something, perhaps they are simply showing good faith, or want to give it to you under barter of your product instead of cash. If you strictly want cash for your product, I would be sure to tell them. Otherwise, it is a gesture of good faith.

joefishtank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you gratefully accept or respectfully decline? If someone wants to be nice to me I would be like haha I like free stuff. If someone I don't like wants to be nice to me I disrespectfully decline. It's up to you King(or Queen).

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are selling the shop owner something, perhaps they are simply showing good faith, or want to give it to you under barter of your product instead of cash. If you strictly want cash for your product, I would be sure to tell them. Otherwise, it is a gesture of good faith.
The thing is i fully plan to be breeding pods for him to sell but I just started and don't have enough to start selling yet...i told him i expect to have them by the end of January (which i fully do) but up to this point I haven't been sold him anything...kinda in a pickle here...

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is i fully plan to be breeding pods for him to sell but I just started and don't have enough to start selling yet...i told him i expect to have them by the end of January (which i fully do) but up to this point I haven't been sold him anything...kinda in a pickle here...
Sounds like they are just being nice, and it is a good will gesture. If you are uncomfortable taking it for free, tell them, and make an offer for it. That way it won't feel like you owe them something.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have a lot to lose. Sometimes you have to jump in
That's true. Full commitment is the way to do things... generally the shops here would ship the product to you but i think I'll set up a meeting time with him to pick it up since he's not far. I just can't accept something this generous with nothing to offer in return or knowing him personally without at least buying something as well...

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true. Full commitment is the way to do things... generally the shops here would ship the product to you but i think I'll set up a meeting time with him to pick it up since he's not far. I just can't accept something this generous with nothing to offer in return or knowing him personally without at least buying something as well...
Well as well as you are straight up and willing to be fair I'm sure that everything will be fine

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they are just being nice, and it is a good will gesture. If you are uncomfortable taking it for free, tell them, and make an offer for it. That way it won't feel like you owe them something.
Should I buy another coral from him and accept the Christmas Tree Worms for free or just tell him that it's too generous to accept for free and make an offer for the worms? The thing is, when he messaged me i had to open the message first and he can see i read it... knowing this, i replied thanking him and expressing my gratitude because i didn't want to leave it for him to see the message on "read" and think i was ungrateful...

Top Shelf Aquatics

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like a good will gesture to me also. Having a local source of aquarium grown animals may be a lot more valuable to him than a couple coral colonies. I wouldn't be surprised of he has multiple reasons either, could be the corals have been sitting to long in his systems and he wants the room for something that moves faster is an additional one I can think of.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back