To Pod or Not To Pod: Are you using live food to nourish your tank?

Are you using live food to nourish your tank? (Tell us why or why not in the comments!)

• Yes, I'm using live food.

Votes: 117 52.5%
  • No, I'm not using live food.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Not yet, but I want to.

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • No, and I don't have plans to use it.

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed live blackworms every morning in addition to my regular twice daily frozen food regimen.

As for pods and Phyto. I dose Phyto every couple of nights, probably every other day or so. I get Pods delivered once a month, so they're constantly being replenished for my Mandarins and Leopard Wrasse.

ChrisfromBrick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a mandarin drag so I have no choice. But pods are great no matter if you have one or not.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I STILL don't have a tank running, the plan is to have pods. Both as food for the fishies I plan to add and as a part of the CUC. As I recall (I'm too lazy to look it up), they feast on either diatoms or dinos (I think it's dinos). IMO, they're just flat out a good part of our ecosystems.

Alexa.Davis37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed live blackworms every morning in addition to my regular twice daily frozen food regimen.

As for pods and Phyto. I dose Phyto every couple of nights, probably every other day or so. I get Pods delivered once a month, so they're constantly being replenished for my Mandarins and Leopard Wrasse.
I do the live blackworms as well. I order from Eastern Aquatics because they always seem to be in stock.

mikst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, I feed dry pellets as well as dehydrated mealworms (I grow mealworms for my fw tanks). I'd like to culture phyto as well as daphnia. I think it'd be neat to have them grow in a culture in my ato so they'd be dosed daily. All I'd have to do is keep it stirred with an air pump and feed it. Thoughts?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back