TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OS Tang?

I could help you out with wrasse. What are you looking for? Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Halichoeres? Anampses could be difficult.?

@crusso1993 you better tell him to buckle up cuz you know me with wrasse ;)
Just want some cool looking ones that co-exist lol.. only got the yellow silver belly currently and he’s way cool and chill! Don’t want nobody picking on him..

BRS

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OS Tang?

I could help you out with wrasse. What are you looking for? Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Halichoeres? Anampses could be difficult.?

@crusso1993 you better tell him to buckle up cuz you know me with wrasse ;)
Oh geez… here we go! Better get your fish book out and prepare to look up all the scientific names, @Troylee !

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geez… here we go! Better get your fish book out and prepare to look up all the scientific names, @Troylee !
Lol.. I have to do that with my local buddies when they show me a wholesale list :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

World Wide Corals

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol.. I have to do that with my local buddies when they show me a wholesale list :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Sometimes I think it would be nice to know all the real names of everything. Then I remember I do not always know my own name!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I think it would be nice to know all the real names of everything. Then I remember I do not always know my own name!
I like picture books! :zany-face:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like picture books! :zany-face:
Totally!

While The Reef Aquarium books by Sprung and Delbeek had a lot of pictures, I still had to take aspirin when I read the first volume. I think that was 1995. When the second volume came out I still had to take aspirin but not as much!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grin Smile GIF by Australian Survivor

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want some cool looking ones that co-exist lol.. only got the yellow silver belly currently and he’s way cool and chill! Don’t want nobody picking on him..
Well, are you looking for ones that will fill surface space? Paracheilinus are great for that. You’ve got attenuatus, filamentosus, or lineopuntactus or octotaenia.

Any of the Halichoeres species are great for swimming openly and round rocks and are great for eating pests like your leucoxanthus. They can be territorial but with your sized tank you could fit a few, like the melasmapomus or annularis.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really beautiful build. The rock work looks great and like others have said, will watching the grow out. Nice work.
Thank you for the kind words!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, are you looking for ones that will fill surface space? Paracheilinus are great for that. You’ve got attenuatus, filamentosus, or lineopuntactus or octotaenia.

Any of the Halichoeres species are great for swimming openly and round rocks and are great for eating pests like your leucoxanthus. They can be territorial but with your sized tank you could fit a few, like the melasmapomus or annularis.
BRB I gotta look all those up :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang gang starting to roll deep! Got another friend for them.. mh are off.. sorry for the crappy pic! This was her tank before I bought it.. the guy who bought her had a bigger hippo and they fought so he gave her to me! Yay!

Looking good, so many good options of Tangs to add... little jealous since your tank is wide open now for stocking :D

AS
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, so many good options of Tangs to add... little jealous since your tank is wide open now for stocking :D
I know! But I’m thinking long term how many will be able to stay together without issue

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do all the flashers get along? Or only a couple?

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! But I’m thinking long term how many will be able to stay together without issue

Had tons in my 470, they were good :)

I did have to pull my Yellow Bellied Blue though... became a bully...

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had tons in my 470, they were good :)

I did have to pull my Yellow Bellied Blue though... became a bully...
I know my filtration can handle it no problem! I got a monster skimmer that’s kicking butt! The more I feed the better it gets lol.. it’s just territory and space… currently have 4 I think I could do a couple more.. I want a achillies so bad but they’re the biggest ich magnet ever! :disappointed-face: My lfs has one for $250 right now it’s beautiful!

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do all the flashers get along? Or only a couple?
Most of them can get along. A lot of them can get quite pushy towards new comers which is why it’s always good to use an acclamation box when adding wrasse. With your size tank you can fit a good mix. Especially if you want to add some Cirrhilabrus species. To give you some perspective this is my wrasse list for my 90 gallon.

Halichoeres iridis
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis
Macropharyngodon negrosensis
Paracheilinus attenuatus
Cirrhilabrus johnsoni
Halichoeres leucoxanthus
Cirrhilabrus naokoae
Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
Xenojulis margaritaceus

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of them can get along. A lot of them can get quite pushy towards new comers which is why it’s always good to use an acclamation box when adding wrasse. With your size tank you can fit a good mix. Especially if you want to add some Cirrhilabrus species. To give you some perspective this is my wrasse list for my 90 gallon.

Halichoeres iridis
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis
Macropharyngodon negrosensis
Paracheilinus attenuatus
Cirrhilabrus johnsoni
Halichoeres leucoxanthus
Cirrhilabrus naokoae
Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
Xenojulis margaritacea
Awesome! Are those guys all invert and clam safe? I wanna get a clam at some point.. forgot to ask that! Cleaner shrimp would be cool but not a necessity..

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Are those guys all invert and clam safe? I wanna get a clam at some point.. forgot to ask that! Cleaner shrimp would be cool but not a necessity..
Clam yes inverts maybe. Sometimes you can get a rogue Halichoeres and it goes for a clam but I wouldn’t worry about that it’s very very very slim. Now cleaner shrimp aren’t safe lol. They’ll be picked off by a Xenojulis or Halichoeres quickly. But sometimes they won’t touch them. Most snails and crabs are safe too most of the time.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clam yes inverts maybe. Sometimes you can get a rogue Halichoeres and it goes for a clam but I wouldn’t worry about that it’s very very very slim. Now cleaner shrimp aren’t safe lol. They’ll be picked off by a Xenojulis or Halichoeres quickly. But sometimes they won’t touch them. Most snails and crabs are safe too most of the time.
Good to know! Thank you!! Saved me 12 hours of reading lol… I start to do research and then “squirrel” I’m reading about algae and dust mops :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I get distracted easily lol..

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NY
Back