+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to make a priority of cleaning your work area! :eek:

I had no idea you were such a celebrity in Sweden! Just the country and your name, and packages make it to the right spot, no address required!

The guy responsible for this workshop is on parental leave.. :rolleyes: But we are moving a lots of stuff now, so there's tings everywhere. Every inch is used to its fullest.

Ha! I know! Or maybe there was a smaller not on there somewhere, I don't know.. :p

AquaCave Logo Banner

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my plan was to move the wooden model of the new reef tank, find some hard styrofoam in the attic and begin making my idea of forms/rock work. But because of a misbehaving calcium reactor, a long meeting and two broken skimmer pumps, the only thing I did with this model was taking this photo just before I went home.
View attachment 850043
The blue/gray thing is the model of the tank.

Good news today was the arrival of lots of small Orphek led bars. They will be used in the temporary shallow tanks and algae refugiums. Finally I found a LED fixture without a control program! Just an on/off button. Great stuff ;Shamefullyembarrased We got 28 of them. Hope the can grow something :eek:

I was impressed by the notes on the boxes. Very clear :D
View attachment 850063

I thought I was looking at my lab. For a minute

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my plan was to move the wooden model of the new reef tank, find some hard styrofoam in the attic and begin making my idea of forms/rock work. But because of a misbehaving calcium reactor, a long meeting and two broken skimmer pumps, the only thing I did with this model was taking this photo just before I went home.
View attachment 850043
The blue/gray thing is the model of the tank.

Good news today was the arrival of lots of small Orphek led bars. They will be used in the temporary shallow tanks and algae refugiums. Finally I found a LED fixture without a control program! Just an on/off button. Great stuff ;Shamefullyembarrased We got 28 of them. Hope the can grow something :eek:

I was impressed by the notes on the boxes. Very clear :D
View attachment 850063

When I get home, I'll send pictures of my attic. Man, they look a like

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy responsible for this workshop is on parental leave.. :rolleyes: But we are moving a lots of stuff now, so there's tings everywhere. Every inch is used to its fullest.

Ha! I know! Or maybe there was a smaller not on there somewhere, I don't know.. :p
Tell your boss I'll work for food, just to take care of workshop. I'll order my flight ticket, when you get green light. That's a steal of a deal. But, I gotta live in workshop too.

Forgot, do they have authentic Mexican food out there? No taco bell

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell your boss I'll work for food, just to take care of workshop. I'll order my flight ticket, when you get green light. That's a steal of a deal. But, I gotta live in workshop too.
Haha :D It sure is cosy.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get too serious, but please be careful in there. Cluttered work areas around power tools are a leading cause of injuries. You can't entertain me with updates if you cut off your fingers in a saw accident!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get too serious, but please be careful in there. Cluttered work areas around power tools are a leading cause of injuries. You can't entertain me with updates if you cut off your fingers in a saw accident!

I promise! We have had some smaller accidents, so we taking safety seriously nowadays.

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to make a priority of cleaning your work area!

Impossible to do - they get me there too :) but David trying as much as he can and I slowly getting better.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible to do - they get me there too :) but David trying as much as he can and I slowly getting better.

Sincerely Lasse
Working 4 people plus extra staff together in the Aquarium using the same tools, same kitchen, same tests, tubes, glue, buckets, magnets etc, requires a certain degree of order. If not too much time would be just searching for stuff. Lasse is not yet familiar with this order... We'll see if we can teach this old dog to sit .. ;)

BRS
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the new Aquarium. This week we've had another meeting with the consultant drawing the pipes, pumps, skimmers etc. The drawing getting more and more ready I think. Now the basic flow charts is decided and I think we have gotten our ideas accepted so far. Some things were not possible, but most have been. Next step is to get into more details. The overflows in the large tanks have been discussed a lot. We don't want them to be visible from the windows, but we need it to be long to avoid too high velocity. We have some ideas now to bring to the meeting with the consultants drawing the walls and the concrete works. Hopefully our ideas are possible to build.
As always, space is limited.

In the reef tank things to be considered are also somewhere to get in and out of the water, the "ray lagoon", ways to attach large stream pumps, how to get access to the light fixtures, ways to walk above the tank etc.
The "ray lagoon " is our idea of a small shallow area in the back of the tank where we could target train rays to eat and to close with a net if needed.
So there are a lot of stuff we need to consider and try to find smart solutions for! :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the new Aquarium. This week we've had another meeting with the consultant drawing the pipes, pumps, skimmers etc. The drawing getting more and more ready I think. Now the basic flow charts is decided and I think we have gotten our ideas accepted so far. Some things were not possible, but most have been. Next step is to get into more details. The overflows in the large tanks have been discussed a lot. We don't want them to be visible from the windows, but we need it to be long to avoid too high velocity. We have some ideas now to bring to the meeting with the consultants drawing the walls and the concrete works. Hopefully our ideas are possible to build.
As always, space is limited.

In the reef tank things to be considered are also somewhere to get in and out of the water, the "ray lagoon", ways to attach large stream pumps, how to get access to the light fixtures, ways to walk above the tank etc.
The "ray lagoon " is our idea of a small shallow area in the back of the tank where we could target train rays to eat and to close with a net if needed.
So there are a lot of stuff we need to consider and try to find smart solutions for! :)

Here's something worth more than gold. Get some note pads , I use ONLY the pad in picture, the pages made of plastic. No other product similar to these. Water resistant. Make notes worth writing . Best investment ever.

Screenshot_2018-09-29-06-24-11-1.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to empty my phone, so here comes some mixed pictures from the Aquarium!

Here's our three cubic tanks, 1000L each. They're connected to a 3000L reef tank with mostly soft corals. Not super SPS water, but still okey to grow some Acropora species. The three tanks are: venomous animals(Palythoa, Lion fish, morays), Symbiotic animals(anemones, clowns, porcelain crabs, corals), and Cuttlefish(Sepia bandensis).
IMG_6193.JPG

Here's the cubic tanks to the right, soft corals straight ahead and Mangrove tank to the left.
IMG_6192.JPG

Here's our RO container and saltwater mix. Very fancy :) Since we don't change that much water nowadays, this is enough. We have larger "pools" under the floor, so we can mix more water as well.
IMG_6215.JPG

And this is what we are working on now. Drawings for the water to the aquarium systems. This is a part of an old drawing(not sure I can post the new ones). Doesn't really feel like we're planning aquariums, but starting to get used to this type of drawings now :)
IMG_6177.JPG

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's our three cubic tanks, 1000L each. They're connected to a 3000L reef tank with mostly soft corals. Not super SPS water, but still okey to grow some Acropora species. The three tanks are: venomous animals(Palythoa, Lion fish, morays), Symbiotic animals(anemones, clowns, porcelain crabs, corals), and Cuttlefish(Sepia bandensis).
View attachment 851417

Here's the cubic tanks to the right, soft corals straight ahead and Mangrove tank to the left.
View attachment 851418

Here's our RO container and saltwater mix. Very fancy :) Since we don't change that much water nowadays, this is enough. We have larger "pools" under the floor, so we can mix more water as well.
View attachment 851419

And this is what we are working on now. Drawings for the water to the aquarium systems. This is a part of an old drawing(not sure I can post the new ones). Doesn't really feel like we're planning aquariums, but starting to get used to this type of drawings now :)
View attachment 851422

Your setups remind me of Birch Aquarium in LA Jolla Ca. WOW

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 851417

View attachment 851418

View attachment 851419

View attachment 851422

Sallstrom you forgot your coffee cup

Screenshot_2018-09-30-13-30-10-1.png

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
Status
Not open for further replies.
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back