+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CV10584 CUST8-10P (lid).PNG

This sweet sweet pisces exo clearview lid is approved and in production, no more fish shall enter this tank without protection. Hope to get more fish critters before Valentine's Day. Kerri and her team have been great to work with, making sure we have every i dotted and t crossed. I'm looking forward to sharing some pics when this bad-boy arrives.

Have a good hump day, reefers.

cc: @ArtFully Acrylic

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
herozero

herozero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearview lid has shipped what? Biota fish ordered what?

-blue tang
-yellow tang
-Mandarin pair

Updates next weekend 2/11 when everything has arrived and settled.

Happy weekend, reefers.

cc: @Biota_Marine

Last edited:
OP
OP
herozero

herozero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
587488CA-7101-4F99-969A-53EFBD194B09.jpeg

This is Dimple, our new male ocellaris clownfish. Dimple will live in the acclimation box (which has a lid thank goodness) in the dt until Thursday, when the clearview lid arrives. Dimple is a helmet mis-bar captive bred fish from our LFS with a little white dot on his right cheek, like a dimple. Already eaten TDO C1 and tropic marine herbivore flake. (Edit: C2 for size is our new favorite)

Dimple’s soon to be buddy is Nat, short for Natasha Romanov and not pictured, since she’s had two hubbies that have jumped she has a black widow reputation.

Edit: upon another day of inspection Dimple is a helmet misbar (fun band)

Last edited:
OP
OP
herozero

herozero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both tangs are happy to munch on tropic marine herbivore flake, one mandarin is quite happy to eat TDO B2 pellet (mrs. thought the house was on fire when I screamed for joy) but C2 and DKI .8um (sorry not a special keyboard character wizard) were too big, both clowns eat pretty much everything.

No one will eat my easy reef masstick paste. If both/the other mandarins eat frozen baby brine tonight they’ll be released from the box, there are LOADS of pods in the tank.

Edit: baby brine shrimp for the win, two mandarins eating it. :star-struck:

Last edited:
OP
OP
herozero

herozero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick props to @ArtFully Acrylic, this clearview pisces exo lid is incredible. This is the email I sent to them tonight:
-------------
I took the lid out of packaging and read the instructions (cute), when I put it into position the only things I had to move were:
-2 pump cables that went to the corner XL cord slots, can hardly call that a "move"
-2 probe sensors NOT in their final homes that simply went in via cut-outs for the light, another "move"
-ever so slightly moved one light clamp, like a small gauge wire width slight

The lid dropped right in and fit like you came over to my house and did a laser scan of the tank. It's incredible. After working all day yesterday and getting all the animals happy and eating in their new home, the sense of relief, and I mean PALPABLE relief, when I was getting ready to hop into bed and knew I would not wake up to any jumping fish on the floor was AMAZING. I had a huge smile on my face. Haven't slept that good in a long time. Woke up in the morning to feed happy new fish.

Thank you for an outstanding custom pisces exo lid.
-------------

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back