• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

AquaCave Logo Banner

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty good updates this week. It is hard to tell by some of the pictures, but when they were eating (right after taking pictures), you can see the MOUTHES of the chalices come out to feed, full eyes should develop soon i hope!

Also pics may look bluer than normal, the LEDs happened to dim the whites down to 10% when taking this picture.

Shocker - still one large eye
DSC_0396NEF.jpg

Hybrid - 3 mouthes - 2 eyes
DSC_0394NEF-1.jpg

Swirly - 1 large eye
DSC_0392NEF.jpg

My Miami - 4 (FOUR!!!) mouthes - 1 extra large sweaty eye
DSC_0390NEF.jpg

Peace On Earth - mouth/eye mayhem going on, hard to count, at least 5 mouths
DSC_0389NEF.jpg

Space Invader - still one large eye
DSC_0387NEF.jpg

Fiery Phoenix - 2 mouths, 1 large eye
DSC_0384NEF.jpg

Mummy Eye - 1 eye, body getting huge though
DSC_0378NEF.jpg

BPC Flamethrower - 2 eyes
DSC_0369NEF.jpg

Boom Boom - 1 large eye (it didnt turn orange, for some reason my camera thought it did, still neon pink with awesome colors around the rim)
DSC_0354NEF.jpg

Honorable mention - Purple Urkle has 3 mouths and 1 large eye

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini update, pictures will come in the next couple days.

The Mummy Eye has a new mouth, probably form into a new eye in the next week or so.

Of the My Miami's 3 new mouths that it has grown (as of last update), one of them seems to be turning into a full eye with the orange showing through.

Fiery Phoenix has put on a 3rd mouth. It now has its main eye, a baby immature eye, and this new mouth.

BPC has 2 distinct eyes now too (hard to tell with such a small piece but i love this thing!)

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been slackin with the updates.

I will get some pictures taken (and hopefully uploaded) tonight. Everything looks good. The My Miami has turned 2 of the 3 new mouths into fully formed eyes which is awesome, i am pretty sure i can see some actual growth starting on the Boom Boom and Shocker, which is promising. I moved the Pink ******* to a new location and its putting all its color back on. The rainbow Magic is also liking its new placement and seems to be coloring up. Purple Urkle has 3 fully formed eyes now. The mummy eye has 1 more new eye and a few dimples forming. The Pectinia is getting FAT so hopefully it will keep doing its Pectinia thing and growing nicely. THe Acans are being Acans, and the Favias are doing fine as well. The Green hornet favia which had a snail attempt to kill it is recovering and only that one head was lost. I still have not seen much noticeable growth from the Crazy Fox or the Swirly Ice Cream.

Pictures soon!

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been slackin with the updates.

I will get some pictures taken (and hopefully uploaded) tonight. Everything looks good. The My Miami has turned 2 of the 3 new mouths into fully formed eyes which is awesome, i am pretty sure i can see some actual growth starting on the Boom Boom and Shocker, which is promising. I moved the Pink ******* to a new location and its putting all its color back on. The rainbow Magic is also liking its new placement and seems to be coloring up. Purple Urkle has 3 fully formed eyes now. The mummy eye has 1 more new eye and a few dimples forming. The Pectinia is getting FAT so hopefully it will keep doing its Pectinia thing and growing nicely. THe Acans are being Acans, and the Favias are doing fine as well. The Green hornet favia which had a snail attempt to kill it is recovering and only that one head was lost. I still have not seen much noticeable growth from the Crazy Fox or the Swirly Ice Cream.

Pictures soon!

It's been one week since your last update. That's not slacking, that's a person doing more than his responsibility. I'll hold back to comparing with someone else in another growout. I do have one question though. How the heck do you keep your frag racks so clean? They look brand new.

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink ******* - had lost some color since the first day, last week in higher light has been doing awesome, almost doubled in size too
DSC_0491NEF.jpg

BPC
DSC_0489NEF.jpg

My Miami
DSC_0487NEF.jpg

Swirly Ice Cream
DSC_0486NEF.jpg

Shocker
DSC_0484NEF.jpg

Boom Boom
DSC_0482NEF.jpg

Phoenix
DSC_0479NEF-2.jpg

Mummy Eye
DSC_0478NEF.jpg

Peace on Earth (ready to frag? lol)
DSC_0476NEF.jpg

Crazy Fox (stand still on growing for this little booger)
DSC_0474NEF-1.jpg

Corals.com

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How the heck do you keep your frag racks so clean? They look brand new.

You can thank your friendly neighborhood Bulldozer Snail for that, but it is a bit disturbing how clean they are....i have a few in my other tank that are ugly as can be....

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phoenix, Boom boom, shocker, oh my :) There's a few pieces I wouldn't mind adding to my growout. And forget about the space invader pectina. That's one I've been trying to get for the longest. Looking good SD!

BRS

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a few weeks since the last update, I will get pictures up in the next few days, been INSANE busy at work and with the new puppy...

A few visual updates that I have noticed are that the mummy eye seems to have a 3rd/4th eye, and the Crazy Fox has a second eye forming.

Will get pictures soon.

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coulda sworn i updated this when i talked about the other grow-outs on friday.....pictures tonight...promise

I recently found a place that sells 3" frag discs, so i ordered a bunch of these and will be re-mounting a lot of these who are starting to spill over the edge.

My Miami - 3 distinct eyes, with 4 mouths, looks to be a 4th eye (5th mouth) forming
Crazy Fox - the one eye it has had has been getting extremely large, and a second eye is forming right next to it. it also looks like there is a 3rd eye forming right on the rim of the chalice as well
Shocker - no real change here, still eats, still great looking
Hybrid Watermelon - no real change here, nice color with 3 mouths and 2 eyes
Pink ******* - even better color, glad to see its improving in that department, almost filled the small frag plug, will be replacing soon
BPC - doing good, no apparent growth signs
Swirly Ice Cream - no changes
Boom Boom - i want to say that its growing, but i cant really tell, no changes here
Phoenix - 3 mouths with 1 massive eye
Mummy Eye - i think when i looked at this last night i counted 5 eyes, and its starting to grow down the frag plug
Peace on Earth - still 6 eyes, waiting for the base to start growing
Purple Urkle - 3 large eyes
Space Invader - still large with one large eye

The acans have put off a row of babies and the favias are unchanged

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tenecor Aquariums
Back