• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

yourracer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good we should let it grow out alot more before moving it again. So we dont stress it out too much like the last piece of TD. Thanks for taking good care of these guy you are the bomb!!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices are looking good and eating great. I will try for more pictures tonight, Pink ******* is coloring up finally, look a while to get rid of that dark stuff on it. The rest of them are chugging right along. Some things that I have noticed over the past few weeks in terms of growth, the purple urkle, mummy eye, crazy fox, my miami, and the fiery phoenix have put on a very solid amount of mass, its hard to tell from the pictures, but since i am lucky enough to see them every day, i have noticed that they are definitely expanding nicely. I might be heading up to Sexy Corals this weekend to pick up the Tangerine Dreams and the Celebrity if I dont head up this weekend then I will next weekend, they have been cut and are under close watch as they heal in Mike's tank.

Avast

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the semi-full update. Sorry about the delay.

I cant seem to figure out my camera. all the pics are coming out disgustingly grainy and the color seems off. Here are the ones that I could get decent pictures of. I will figure the camera out soon!

DSC_0279NEF.jpg

DSC_0281NEF.jpg

DSC_0289NEF.jpg

DSC_0291NEF.jpg

DSC_0295NEF.jpg

DSC_0306NEF.jpg

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potentially figured out the camera, AND we got the Tangerine Dreams and the Celebrity, so we have it all in the tank now. Here are the day 1 mug shots. Tangerine is still recovering but you can see all the color coming in. It was the best healed of all the frags that Mike had to offer.

Celebrity-1.jpg

Tangerine-1.jpg

Nutramar Foods

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay in pics The chalices are doing fine, still working out placement with a few of them to try to dial in the best position for coloration. This was also my first set of pics under the new LED supplements, the color may look a little off, but you will get the idea. Ignore the blurriness, i'll get it figured out one of these days.

Frozen Watermelon
Watermelon.jpg

Shocker
Shocker-6.jpg

Purple Urkle - Second Eye forming on the bottom!
PurpleUrkle2-1.jpg

Peace on Earth
PeaceonEarth-4.jpg

My Miami
MyMiami-6.jpg

Mummy Eye
MummyEye-2.jpg

Swirly Icecream
IceCream-1.jpg

Fiery Phoenix
FieryPhoenix-3.jpg

Space Invader
DSC_0394NEF.jpg

BPC Flamethrower - LOVE LOVE LOVE the color on this thing and guess what...SECOND EYE formed on the front (original eye is on the back side)
BPC-1.jpg

Nutramar Foods

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.....yesterday was an interesting day here in San Diego....city wide power outage (something like 6,000,000 people without power) which started at 3:45 pm and didnt come back on (for my house) until 1:30 am.

I got off work at 3:46 and went home to start the tank maintenance. I went to three different petco's in san diego and tried to buy a battery operated bubbler but at two of the stores the manager told me "5 minutes ago some guy came in and bought ALL of them". I go to Wal Mart (i know they have them) and the manager will not no matter what let me in to buy one with cash, or he wont go in to buy me one with cash. I was beginning to get frustrated.

Starting at 5:30 I daisy-chained several extension cords together and plugged them in to my portable AC/DC inverter in my car's cigarette lighter outlet. I ran a (plug in) bubbler, a heater, and a koralia 450 nano for 20 minutes in each tank (i have two tanks) every hour.

In the end i burned 1/2 a tank of gas and the power came back on around 1:30.

Not knowing that the AI SOL timers got reset, i was awaken around 4:30 am to a thunderstorm (from the AI SOL modules) with insane bright lights flashing around the bedroom. I reset the timers and put it to rest. From what i saw when the lights were on, were that everything looked good, the lights were on for maybe 30 minutes while i inspected things, and all the zoas in my frag tank were opening, and many of the chalices had feeder tentacles out. (Although the celebrity, as i have told you guys, still looks like it may have 1 mm of flesh left on it). Other than that (knock on wood) i think its ok, i will give a full report tonight when i get home.

Due to the glorious san diego weather, the temperature in the house stayed around 76 all night, and the tank temperature didnt even fluctuate. My massive 6 pound Mandarin in my display was acting pretty darn weird all night, so im praying he is ok, other than that it was a looooong night. I will report tonight on how they are all taking it.

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek:)
If you were a truely super cool guy with too much time on your hands, you could do a "before/after" or a "now/then" picture of all of them! :O) Or some other super cool person... it would be neat to see how much they have grown. Thanks!
Mike

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got all the pics saved on the comp to eventually do a before and after, roughly 1 week intervals. I plan on doing some sort of montage and show them all growing up with Chariots of Fire playing in the background, but thats for a few months from now

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, internet is down at my place right now, posting this via phone, will get the pics up tomorrow if the net is fixed by then.

Overall update of the CHALICES: Everything seems to be doing well, the tangerine dreams is eating, the 2-eye BPC is eating, the Hybrid has grown a 3rd eye (very small), the frozen watermelon is liking its new placement in terms of coloring up, still 3 eyes on the watermelon. The Rainbow Magic is not liking its new location, i guess this one likes higher light, still eating, but wants more light it seems. My Miami seems to be getting a second eye as well, although its coming in suspiciously close to its main eye, which may merge into one super eye. The Fiery Phoenix also seems like its growing a second eye, one of the corners of the frag is starting to dimple up and i can see a faint indent forming. The shocker is doing great and seems to be growing, hard to tell with such a small frag but its actively eating.

Overall update of the ACANS: They are all doing well, i really have no idea the names on them, but the blue rim acan has 3 baby heads formed around the perimeter, the rainbow oval shaped acan has 2 baby heads formed, and the polyps on the adult heads are getting even larger, and the 5 headed redish acan that we got has yet to sprout any new heads, these guys have feeders out all day and seem to be loving life.

Overall update of the FAVIAS: The vampire favia seems to have "split" 2 more heads and is ready to go onto a new frag disc. The Green Hornet Favia had something happen to it last night, from the looks of it a snail (somehow) rolled over and died onto one of the heads and was left there the entire day until i got home this evening and noticed it. That head has died, the other 2 adult heads are alive and ate tonight, hope nothing spreads on this. I will replace it for sure if it continues to recede.

Overall update of the SPACE INVADER PECTINIA: I feel like this weirdo needs his own category. Its doing great, massive feeders out every night, and sitting alone in his giant corner of the frag rack just hanging out.

Pics tomorrow.

Corals.com

SD Actuary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignore the blurryness and grainyness on some

The Green Hornet Favia seems to have only lost that one head, the other heads are doing OK

DSC_0307NEF.jpg

DSC_0303NEF-1.jpg

DSC_0301NEF-2.jpg

DSC_0299NEF.jpg

5 noticeable mouths
DSC_0297NEF.jpg

Not a dead spot - piece of food :)
DSC_0294NEF-1.jpg

Starting to actually notice some nice growth
DSC_0292NEF.jpg

DSC_0290NEF-1.jpg

DSC_0287NEF.jpg

DSC_0286NEF.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

BSA
Back