• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres some stuff we as a group must figure out. Lets all chime in who's in the growout. SD is traveling too much and wants to get the growout moved and I had offerd to take atleast the chalices and I think Paint guy said he could do the same. My last to growouts have turned into a not so good so I'm not sure if I'll get into anymore anytime soon maybe unless I'm the grower. Either way we need to decide what our next move is. Unfortunatly most of the frags we have are slow growers and may take years to get to enough eyes that we can cut up evenly and thats if everything goes well with the fragging. I propose in splitting the frags up evenly as close as possible as we can depending on the size and cost. I'd be happy with the boom boom and the space invader and even the hybred watermelon is one I dont have.. Either way we could continue the grow out with me or paint guy or we could split up which I'd be more partial to then having all our eggs in 1 basket. I'd be able to take any of the chalices cuz thats what I have room for in my 220 chalice only tank. Only times I'm really gone is for the frag swaps which is only a day 2 at the most. I test daily and keep a very close eye on stuff for I have around two hundred chalices and half are high end ones. Well I hope qwe can figure things out and have this growout to be a positive one.. Thanks

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with not putting all our eggs in one basket.

I have room to grow whatever if needed.

I know some are ready to frag aren't they? Why not cut what is ready and then ship out those and a few each of the ones that are not - to each member?

Theres some stuff we as a group must figure out. Lets all chime in who's in the growout. SD is traveling too much and wants to get the growout moved and I had offerd to take atleast the chalices and I think Paint guy said he could do the same. My last to growouts have turned into a not so good so I'm not sure if I'll get into anymore anytime soon maybe unless I'm the grower. Either way we need to decide what our next move is. Unfortunatly most of the frags we have are slow growers and may take years to get to enough eyes that we can cut up evenly and thats if everything goes well with the fragging. I propose in splitting the frags up evenly as close as possible as we can depending on the size and cost. I'd be happy with the boom boom and the space invader and even the hybred watermelon is one I dont have.. Either way we could continue the grow out with me or paint guy or we could split up which I'd be more partial to then having all our eggs in 1 basket. I'd be able to take any of the chalices cuz thats what I have room for in my 220 chalice only tank. Only times I'm really gone is for the frag swaps which is only a day 2 at the most. I test daily and keep a very close eye on stuff for I have around two hundred chalices and half are high end ones. Well I hope qwe can figure things out and have this growout to be a positive one.. Thanks

Paintguy 209

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree let's split what is ready but also like JD said we could split up this growout and continue with it. I would be willing to take on growing some of the chalices also due to the fact I already house about 60 chalices of my own with most being well known ones. I currently run a 135g with an ATI powermodule for lighting so that is not a problem. I will be meeting up with SD this weekend so if everyone is ok with it I could pick up some frags to reduce the risk of losing them in shipping. Just my .02 let me know what you all think!

Corals.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I think we all have to get on the same page take inventory and go from there. Paint Guy has some of the grow out now. Hope all is well with them!! I'll be getting all the others. SD said he'll be shipping out Wed. One thing I'd like to say something and see how you guys feel about it? A few of these chalices I have and wounldnt mind either trading my share and or any other ideas someone may have. I def. don't want to make this any more confusing, like the pink *******, myMiami.Tangerine Dreams, Space Invader, BPC well most of them I already do have...The SC shocker and the boom boom i do not have.. I really liked the rainbow magic but that died. Basically I don't know how everyone feels but I just hate cutting a chalice for an eye. espeically if someone else wants it more then me. When I get into grow outs I must re-think things cuz one eye of certain corals and to have it and all the others survive plus have all look good for shipping, plus all the other situations within the growout is alot to go right. I think grow outs are good but the chalices at least the slow growers are a different story. Long story short I'm willing to trade someone or everyone my share of most the corals for ?..
I'm still looking forward to growing them out further for our group atleast the ones i'm being sent and will take excellent care of them..
I just would like your guys input if you got what I'm trying to say. Thanks

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you are saying and I agree. Personally I think if we wait until all pieces are fraggable for everyone I will be a very old man. There are only a couple I really want and would be disappointed if I didn't get one of them. I think we should grow a few more months and just go off a point system based on the value. For anyone that plays fantasy football with a salary cap it would be the same concept.

Paintguy 209

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey JD and Beerman, I met up with SD this past weekend and he delivered to me 4 of the acans and 1 chalice and the favia. With the condition of some of the frags it's hard to tell what they are. I believe the chalice that is healthy is the My Miami. It is hard to tell what the scans look like because that have receded and aren't fully opening. I will do my best to feed the acans and try to get the chalice to eat. As far as splitting up the pieces I was kinda disappointed with the way some things worked out so during the course of the past 6 months I have collected most of the pieces for myself in the growout. I alredy have a MM and TD. I am not a big acan fan so we can split those up however. I currently don't have a BPC so that would be a piece I would like to have. Let me know what u guys think and we can decide from there. I will try to get pics as soon as I can. My picture taking skills are poor. I keep u informed.

AquaCave Logo Banner

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would it be possible to type up a list of what exactly we have and how many eyes/heads/etc each has? So we know what we are looking at? I know I already have gotten MM, Convict, and Crazy Fox which I believe were in the start so I don't really need those anymore so if someone wants them more than me, we can work it out.

I really want a frag of BPC and Rainbow Magic too! :eek:) lov those!

I wish SD would cut us a frag of the ones that are still alive that are his (but we also had the same kind in the GO) to "replace" the ones that died... i know it is not his responsibility, but I would be his best friend forever :eek:)

Last edited:

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think we should start with a count and go from there. I really wanted the flamethrower and tangerine dreams but it sounds like most people want the flamethrower. I think once we get a count we can decide what to do. Also I work in Atwater once a month so I can pick up if I need to.

CLICK TO VIEW
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
J

jdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, been so busy trying to keep my head above water with my construction business and all my tanks going great that I have'nt given an up-date on atleast the condition of the corals that SD gave me. SD sent 7 chalices total. The way that I got them is the way they are except I think they grew abit. I'm currently on my second round of feeding then right now and they are all look as healthy as can be and took to my tank awesome. I will post some basic pic's soon when I am able. I'm not sure which ones I got so if SD could let us know which ones I got and which ones paint guy has that could be a great start so sorting this thing out and figuring what we can do. I put six of the ones for our grow out on one 4inch by 4inch plate, one on each corner and the 5th one glued off to the side. The six is a nice size watermelon I also have off to the side. I just don't want to get them mixed up with mine at this point my tanks are not organized and jammed packed. I'm setting up a 16foot by 4foot,12inch high frag tank if I can find the time or make the $ to have some help.I know for sure the Space Invader the 7th final frag I put in the middle of my tank with my other ones because they are so aggresive. It's one hugh eye which is good cuz I'm feeding the crap out of it. Otherwise yes lets all get on the same page, I will do my best just be patient with me!! I asure you one thing though is that the seven frags I have are in the best of hands. I think everyone has my e-mail address so if need be contact me there also. I'm going to try and figure out how to get post to this thread to go right to my e-mail so I can better stay in tune with you guys. I'll be honest with you guys I was hesitint in taking the frags but to see them happy and doing good I'm excited to get these guys growing and poppen some eyes. Well once the pics are taken we can also ID them that way. So just wanted to let you know all is good and I'll up-date more soon. thanks John

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back