• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals Favia / Reef Odyssey Acan Blow-Out Grow-Out 2011!

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need to come up with a solution. What are we going to do? I don't want to see any more frags dying..Lets all figure this out before it to late!!

I totally agree, unfortunately I don't see them making it through shipping.

I'm actually setting up a 6 gallon tank I have right now to get them out of the main system. We'll see if it helps at all...

BRS

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone live near a major airport? If we want to reduce transit time, Not as easy as FedEx, but you can ship freight and the frags would be able to be picked up within a couple hrs of shipping. I did this w my lr. Just throwing it out as a possible idea to ship with least impact since frags are stressed.

I'd be happy to look into pricing/ logistics if we want to go that route and figure who is going to take them. I don't live near a large airport.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's today's loss....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1334542638.673776.jpg

Pretty frustrating to say the least. What could possibly affect acans but literally no other corals?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got back yesterday and I don't think I'll be able to keep the 6 gallon stable enough as is and I don't have an extra controller.

Looks like 2 more of the pieces are on their last leg, they both look like the polyps are separating from the base and about to float off....

On a good note the favia and 3 of the pieces are actually looking pretty good. Pics to come once I clean up and do a wc.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

fab1971

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bacteria infection can lay waste to an entire acan collection. Dipping the individual frags a couple of times a day will get rid of the bacteria and save what you have left. sorry i didn't see this earlier. my friend salty dog had a problem with his acans and did it, I just forgot what he dipped them in. also, cherry corals can help you if you contact them for the dip sollution info. gl

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bacteria infection can lay waste to an entire acan collection. Dipping the individual frags a couple of times a day will get rid of the bacteria and save what you have left. sorry i didn't see this earlier. my friend salty dog had a problem with his acans and did it, I just forgot what he dipped them in. also, cherry corals can help you if you contact them for the dip sollution info. gl

Thanks, I did not realize they should be dipped repeatedly, especially multiple times in a single day.

Everyone for trying additional Furan-2 dips? Anyone object?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back