Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned the R2R frag rack into a custom skimmer riser. Gets me 3” higher and another 5-10 gallons into the sump/fuge.
Thanks @revhtree

11CC1C4A-D117-4650-ABF8-10FD3A567CB2.jpeg

BRS
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're cooking with gas now! Got the original fixture upgraded to Gen 2 and hung the additional Gen 2. Pretty happy with the hanging job but got a couple more holes to patch.

20181124_151812.jpg

20181124_151819.jpg

20181124_151825.jpg

AS

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're cooking with gas now! Got the original fixture upgraded to Gen 2 and hung the additional Gen 2. Pretty happy with the hanging job but got a couple more holes to patch.

View attachment 898497

View attachment 898498

View attachment 898499
Very nice... They look very good. The Crystal Skull bottle is a nice touch, also.

...and I love the fuge additions last week. What is the whispy piece down below? I've been hesitant on adding bristle worms. I know they are beneficial but, creepy.

@mta_morrow I've always wanted to collect some mud way off the beaten path up in Little River/Cherry Grove. The Dunn Sound area. Plenty of tidal flats and creeks with mud bottoms and I know the "off the beaten path" places. Places that you need a shallow skiff/jon boat at high tide or you're not getting there, and don't hang around long or you'll be stuck there until the tide turns around. I'm sure you know the same places down in Hilton Head.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice... They look very good. The Crystal Skull bottle is a nice touch, also.

...and I love the fuge additions last week. What is the whispy piece down below? I've been hesitant on adding bristle worms. I know they are beneficial but, creepy.

Youre good with eels yet the worms give you the creeps?? LOL Both make my skin crawl in truth but we do what we must. I used gloves for probably just the 2nd time reefing when i opened that bag!!

Algae not being a strong suit Im not sure what it is exactly. Wasnt something I ordered but came in a couple of the bags. I still need to see if its something I want to keep or is more invasive. Probably the latter with my luck. Pretty as it is I think the chaeto will wind up dominating the space anyway.

Need to get something dark in the skull bottle so it stands out more. Thinking small black arts/crafts beads or something along those lines. Its gotta be light weight.

PH is rising overnight at this point with nothing in the display yet.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 Any tips for ctaching the pike blenny? Im just considering how Ill do it since he’ll ultimately hide inside a rock. Hoping to avoid moving the whole rock as its got aiptasia on it of course!!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@mta_morrow I've always wanted to collect some mud way off the beaten path up in Little River/Cherry Grove. The Dunn Sound area. Plenty of tidal flats and creeks with mud bottoms and I know the "off the beaten path" places. Places that you need a shallow skiff/jon boat at high tide or you're not getting there, and don't hang around long or you'll be stuck there until the tide turns around. I'm sure you know the same places down in Hilton Head.

That’s the plan!

BRS

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youre good with eels yet the worms give you the creeps?? LOL Both make my skin crawl in truth but we do what we must. I used gloves for probably just the 2nd time reefing when i opened that bag!!

Algae not being a strong suit Im not sure what it is exactly. Wasnt something I ordered but came in a couple of the bags. I still need to see if its something I want to keep or is more invasive. Probably the latter with my luck. Pretty as it is I think the chaeto will wind up dominating the space anyway.

Need to get something dark in the skull bottle so it stands out more. Thinking small black arts/crafts beads or something along those lines. Its gotta be light weight.

PH is rising overnight at this point with nothing in the display yet.

Heck yea I'm fine with eels. Snake like doesnt bother me. I used to volunteer at a state park in the nature center in elementary school. We had several native snakes there that I held regularly to keep them accustomed to human interaction. Black rat, corn snake, eastern hog nose... we had someone bring us a baby copper head in a shoe box. They picked it up from the primitive camp sites. I just kinda closed the box back and held it tight until the ranger got there.

It's the milipeed/centepeed look plus the "I will inject you with fiberglass needles if you touch me" part that creeps me out.

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 Any tips for ctaching the pike blenny? Im just considering how Ill do it since he’ll ultimately hide inside a rock. Hoping to avoid moving the whole rock as its got aiptasia on it of course!!
Keep your power head on while feeding. It will make him swim up to eat.

Top Shelf Aquatics

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will jump!!!! Cover the net before you get it out of the water
Standard procedure with wrasse... should be with all fish. Eels, good luck. Lol

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back