*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May I ask where you get your nudis. I need some but don't know of a good source.
I got one as a hitchhiker. My Blastos ate it...
Hungry Woman Like Me GIF by Little Mix

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask where you get your nudis. I need some but don't know of a good source.
I have a local dude but he was out so I went with reef town. They had a ton (I got like 20) at a normal price, all showed up alive and were on the large side. Took about a week from order to arrival

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one as a hitchhiker. My Blastos ate it...
Hungry Woman Like Me GIF by Little Mix
I'm 100% positive my wrasse would eat them if I get any. Got some micro bristle stars, dug them up and ate them, any small pea size or smallersnail, gone. If I'm late for his breakfast, all snails are on the menu.

He watches me and waits for me to flush critters out through cleaning or moving things.

Knock on wood no aiptasia yet, cause I don't know what utilitarian crew to get if I did.

Real love/hate relationship with him....lol

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a local dude but he was out so I went with reef town. They had a ton (I got like 20) at a normal price, all showed up alive and were on the large side. Took about a week from order to arrival
when you say 'a normal price....'

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It sure feels like it! I think i paid like 220 for 20 and free shipping? They are just so hard to find especially in big quantities.
There's that guy on Facebook bragging about breeding them, then begging for free aiptasia rocks to keep them fed, then charging for them. Or trading for frags. He was the local guy that's out?

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's that guy on Facebook bragging about breeding them, then begging for free aiptasia rocks to keep them fed, then charging for them. Or trading for frags. He was the local guy that's out?
Wouldn't be surprised, he messaged me on FB after making a post asking for some. Thats pretty hilarious though

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 100% positive my wrasse would eat them if I get any. Got some micro bristle stars, dug them up and ate them, any small pea size or smallersnail, gone. If I'm late for his breakfast, all snails are on the menu.

He watches me and waits for me to flush critters out through cleaning or moving things.

Knock on wood no aiptasia yet, cause I don't know what utilitarian crew to get if I did.

Real love/hate relationship with him....lol
I got some peppermint shrimp to take care of my aiptasia. My wrasse loved them and ate all of them almost immediately. I am also sure he would eat berghia, so I went with a copperband. My copperband took a while to start eating them but eventually wiped all of my aiptasia out within a few days once he did.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here is a fun read on breeding Aptsia and Bergia we are trying this also LOL

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some peppermint shrimp to take care of my aiptasia. My wrasse loved them and ate all of them almost immediately. I am also sure he would eat berghia, so I went with a copperband. My copperband took a while to start eating them but eventually wiped all of my aiptasia out within a few days once he did.
Any shrimp is a goner in my tank, wouldn't last ten minutes and I've had bad luck with copper bands. Nudis always seem to do the trick and never have to worry about them eating other things.

On a different note... Anyone keep other nudis for fun?? They are one of my favorite things to see diving with all their different colors and sizes but i almost never see them in the hobby outside of lettuce/berghia

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any shrimp is a goner in my tank, wouldn't last ten minutes and I've had bad luck with copper bands. Nudis always seem to do the trick and never have to worry about them eating other things.
So what eats the shrimp in your tank, a wrasse? I have still considered getting a few berghia and breeding them in a well established spare 29g tank that I have setup so that I can add them to my tanks and if a few get eaten it isn’t a big deal.

I have one tank that still has aiptasia and I suspect adding a butterfly would be an issue because that tank has a lunar wrasse that is fairly aggressive in it, and I know a shrimp would only last a minute.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all,

Here is the announcement for the unboxing video contest.

this will be a contest for a $150 SBB GC.

The contest is simple in order to enter once you get your coral box. you will do a documentary receiving your corals. You can show unboxing them, showing your unxoving prodedor and pics of them in your tank.

This can be through a video, Gif or pictures be creative. We will then choose the winner when we open up our new sales thread for the next sale which will be February 9th

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what eats the shrimp in your tank, a wrasse? I have still considered getting a few berghia and breeding them in a well established spare 29g tank that I have setup so that I can add them to my tanks and if a few get eaten it isn’t a big deal.

I have one tank that still has aiptasia and I suspect adding a butterfly would be an issue because that tank has a lunar wrasse that is fairly aggressive in it, and I know a shrimp would only last a minute.
Shark and stingray looove shrimp, every time I've added one it's like they think it's dessert and they don't last long lol. Well it sounds like Shane might have some in the future, maybe he'll throw in a few berghia with the next sale! ;)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back