*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For anyone on the thread, any tips for a BTA? Just picked one up today. It's in an acclimation box, not even sure if it will ever be released since my tank is so wall to wall corals I would hate for it to take a walk. Do those on wall holder cups for nems work?

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome purchases so far, excited for your tank to get back on the right track. Did you get a new wave maker yet?

Yup, got a new Jabeo SCP-70M in this morning. It's been working great. Need to get a couple new smaller ones to replace one of the smaller cheaper ones I still have. But I know that one is only a few months old. The one that failed was a few years old I believe.

wes84

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone on the thread, any tips for a BTA? Just picked one up today. It's in an acclimation box, not even sure if it will ever be released since my tank is so wall to wall corals I would hate for it to take a walk. Do those on wall holder cups for nems work?
lol me too. I bought a RBTA in a live sale just because I was able to snipe it lol. It lives in a collander with my ousted clownfish and seems to be doing great. I put it on a magnetic frag shelf originally but it started walking immediately. It even split a couple weeks ago and now they are both larger than when I originally got the one! I just got a Colorado Sunburst and I plan to build a box at the top front of my tank out of acrylic and egg crate to keep the anemones in.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love anemones but would have to do a dedicated tank to them
That’s what I have all but done. 100 gallon nem tank. Got a few corals here and there but nems are great. Just wish there was a bigger variety

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need them to be six lol
What'd I say during the first drop? People are always wasting their 1/5s early... Weather that storm, BE STRONG!

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol me too. I bought a RBTA in a live sale just because I was able to snipe it lol. It lives in a collander with my ousted clownfish and seems to be doing great. I put it on a magnetic frag shelf originally but it started walking immediately. It even split a couple weeks ago and now they are both larger than when I originally got the one! I just got a Colorado Sunburst and I plan to build a box at the top front of my tank out of acrylic and egg crate to keep the anemones in.
That's the plan. I always start with something cheap as a test, that is what I do for most corals. My acanthophyllia, well not too many options there. Picked up a 30$ one on AquaSd's Christmas sale and just went to the store to grab it today. I'm maybe 15 mins away from them in traffic. I'm not too stressed on it's livelyhood, my tank is over a year old and I'm OCD about testing, just want to know best ways to keep it happy location wise. Is top side in an acclimation box ok? Should I add some rock or rubble in there? Can I open a wall on the cage at some point to let the clowns in?

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s what I have all but done. 100 gallon nem tank. Got a few corals here and there but nems are great. Just wish there was a bigger variety
Yeah I saw you on the ASD sale. I got one of the green with orange tips. It might go in my 10 gallon, not sure yet.
IMG_20221230_190026.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I saw you on the ASD sale. I got one of the green with orange tips. It might go in my 10 gallon, not sure yet.View attachment 2954273
Is it possible to keep bta in a nano tank? I have a 15g that I’m setting up that I would eventually love to make a tank with a nem and two clowns.

I know nothing about nems.

Hankcorals

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wes84

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kasrift as far as caring for the anemone it has been super easy it just gets fed when i feed the clownfish and there is
That's the plan. I always start with something cheap as a test, that is what I do for most corals. My acanthophyllia, well not too many options there. Picked up a 30$ one on AquaSd's Christmas sale and just went to the store to grab it today. I'm maybe 15 mins away from them in traffic. I'm not too stressed on it's livelyhood, my tank is over a year old and I'm OCD about testing, just want to know best ways to keep it happy location wise. Is top side in an acclimation box ok? Should I add some rock or rubble in there? Can I open a wall on the cage at some point to let the clowns in?
i put a couple of rocks in the colander and it attached to one of them with direct light. when they split one initially stayed in the shade but now they are both in the direct lighting. By direct I mean they're not in a shadow. I have a 30" cube tank and the colander is in the front corner. I have an XR30 G5 with Reef Brites centered over the tank so the light isn't directly over them, but enough light gets in the colander to grow coralline algae on it. As far as leaving a side open, I guess if you watch it periodically that would be fine but you never know if they are going to decide to go for a scenic walk.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back