*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is it possible to keep bta in a nano tank? I have a 15g that I’m setting up that I would eventually love to make a tank with a nem and two clowns.

I know nothing about nems.
The hardest part about nems is the daily prick you have to do on your finger to feed them. They survive exclusively on human blood.

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the color of these Snowmen acros also, may have to get one next sale, or this... hmmm

1672455879830.png

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the plan. I always start with something cheap as a test, that is what I do for most corals. My acanthophyllia, well not too many options there. Picked up a 30$ one on AquaSd's Christmas sale and just went to the store to grab it today. I'm maybe 15 mins away from them in traffic. I'm not too stressed on it's livelyhood, my tank is over a year old and I'm OCD about testing, just want to know best ways to keep it happy location wise. Is top side in an acclimation box ok? Should I add some rock or rubble in there? Can I open a wall on the cage at some point to let the clowns in?
Straight to the sand bed - too much light up high.

Med/low light and low flow.

Cut a piece of 1-2” pvc 2-3 inches long, throw it on top, and keep it just ever so slightly elevated above the sand bed so it can fill out and not be irritated with sand blowing/crabs etc.

edit: this is what I do for acanthophyllia/Cynarina/indophyllia - didn’t realize you might be talking about a BTA

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cut a piece of 1-2” pvc 2-3 inches long, throw it on top, and keep it just ever so slightly elevated above the sand bed so it can fill out and not be irritated with sand blowing/crabs etc.
Is there a Pic?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the plan. I always start with something cheap as a test, that is what I do for most corals. My acanthophyllia, well not too many options there. Picked up a 30$ one on AquaSd's Christmas sale and just went to the store to grab it today. I'm maybe 15 mins away from them in traffic. I'm not too stressed on it's livelyhood, my tank is over a year old and I'm OCD about testing, just want to know best ways to keep it happy location wise. Is top side in an acclimation box ok? Should I add some rock or rubble in there? Can I open a wall on the cage at some point to let the clowns in?
They go where they please and it is never where you want. (See previous mp10 post)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hardest part about nems is the daily prick you have to do on your finger to feed them. They survive exclusively on human blood.
No not a problem I have two kids. Thats 10 fingers that I can prick. I’ve heard they prefer young blood.

wes84

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, do the Colorados split like rbtas?
i hope so! i need to make some money for the next SBB sale lol! I assume it would, I believe it is also a bubble tip, just a different color. I read the bubble tips split when they are doing really well and have extra energy, or they split as a last ditch effort to survive. Right before my rbta split I used Reef Flux and my alk spiked big time. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the blood that sustains them, it's the fear they feed on.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

edit: this is what I do for acanthophyllia/Cynarina/indophyllia - didn’t realize you might be talking about a BTA
Lol, yeah BTA. I'm only worried about it getting too much par.

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a Pic?
CF773824-506F-4724-9359-529397066DCA.jpeg

Best I can do Billy - it’s on a little bit of PVC. Typically extends down to the sand. I’ve lost others from being irritated and this seems to have helped.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back