Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s the big Monti colony big birds nest colony, and I think the big pavona colony all are easily the size of three footballs, and it’s the tank stand and sump and I’m sure he’d throw in a bunch of free items as well

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some tips on coral dips after fragging- what do you guys do? Cutting up leptos, Duncan’s, candy cane today. Also…. I have the deal of the century of a 210 gallon tank that’s been resealed coming home with me, with a 75 gallon home-made sump, and three coral colonies that are all the size of 2+ footballs for 750 total… what should I do?? Pics of the tank with the large tang is the 210 that is currently getting taken down and below are other picsView attachment 3028302View attachment 3028303View attachment 3028304View attachment 3028305
Wow that sounds awesome. Transporting large colonies like that can be a challenge. Rubbermaid totes or a cooler that is big enough to lay each one in would be helpful.

How far do you need to travel with the tank and gear? It may take a few trips.

AS
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s the big Monti colony big birds nest colony, and I think the big pavona colony all are easily the size of three footballs, and it’s the tank stand and sump and I’m sure he’d throw in a bunch of free items as well
If that doesn't include all of the rock as well, I wouldn't be buying those three colonies for 500.

Lugol's iodine is my go to, for fragging. The candy cane should be easy, just make sure you're only cutting skeleton.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He also gave us a over a dozen frags for free as well and we did get a yellow tang for 50 bucks and I think I could get a large amount of live rock as well
Sounds like it could be worth it then

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to really think about it it’s 1,200 for lights, coral stand tank sump and maybe a bunch of other stuff and live rock as well
Also consider what it doesn't come with that you'll need to source up front to get it running. Pumps? Powerheads? Heaters and controller? Plumbing?

Sounds like a good deal, is that's a tank, and stuff you are wanting.

Top Shelf Aquatics

tcarstens4

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m skipping the coral but getting a bunch of fish for a deal- it really depends on how well I can seed the rock in my bucket- right now the plan is to build a stand for the 75 gallon sump this week at some point and use my Rubbermaid bin on top of that for now and just chuck a bunch of rock- heater and canister onto it and a small Powerhead and start getting that rock cycled with copepods and other good critters, this time around I will be assembling rocks wet in the tank and epoxying them in the tank as well. I am very excited for this tank and plan on cycling it for at least three months in addition to me curing some of the dry rock in a bucket all with no light

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m skipping the coral but getting a bunch of fish for a deal- it really depends on how well I can seed the rock in my bucket- right now the plan is to build a stand for the 75 gallon sump this week at some point and use my Rubbermaid bin on top of that for now and just chuck a bunch of rock- heater and canister onto it and a small Powerhead and start getting that rock cycled with copepods and other good critters, this time around I will be assembling rocks wet in the tank and epoxying them in the tank as well. I am very excited for this tank and plan on cycling it for at least three months in addition to me curing some of the dry rock in a bucket all with no light
Congrats! Have you moved a full setup before?

tcarstens4

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will only take some of his rock- I haven’t moved this big of a tank before but I’m sure I’ll be able to get plenty of help, I have the ideal space for the tank and I’ll be plumbing it into our mechanical room

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will only take some of his rock- I haven’t moved this big of a tank before but I’m sure I’ll be able to get plenty of help, I have the ideal space for the tank and I’ll be plumbing it into our mechanical room
Will the tank tear down,move plus setup and plumbing into your existing system happen in the same day? Are you planning an intermediate holding spot for the live critters?

Are you planning to quarantine the fish/rock before adding to your system?

tcarstens4

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this tank is going to get set up slowly as I need more plumbing and other items, I think I am going to grab the tank and sump and stand in one day and get it moved to my house the same day as well, i will be setting up a rubbermaid stock tank for cycling my rock with a canister filter and I think I may just start with dry rock since I plan on cycling my tank and rocks for months with no light or fish, just flow and heat this time around so I can avoid the uglies as much as possible. I think I may pass on his live rock because there are so many bristle worms in them and who knows how much aptasia could be lurking in the rock for this tank I want to be super careful, all of the fish will go into a observation qt for a while before they get added into the big tank

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this tank is going to get set up slowly as I need more plumbing and other items, I think I am going to grab the tank and sump and stand in one day and get it moved to my house the same day as well, i will be setting up a rubbermaid stock tank for cycling my rock with a canister filter and I think I may just start with dry rock since I plan on cycling my tank and rocks for months with no light or fish, just flow and heat this time around so I can avoid the uglies as much as possible. I think I may pass on his live rock because there are so many bristle worms in them and who knows how much aptasia could be lurking in the rock for this tank I want to be super careful, all of the fish will go into a observation qt for a while before they get added into the big tank
Bristle worms aren't a reason to not get rock. I've also found that Even after months of cycling dry rock, As soon as you introduce it to light, It gets all kinds of nasty algaes... I've got some going on a year in the cooker.

BRS

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms aren't a reason to not get rock. I've also found that Even after months of cycling dry rock, As soon as you introduce it to light, It gets all kinds of nasty algaes... I've got some going on a year in the cooker.
^^^ All of this!

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to kick it with the homie @DonTavo27 for a bit and trade some coral. Great to have you. The CSB looks amazing.
PXL_20230220_011144623.jpg
PXL_20230220_011206773.jpg
PXL_20230219_235316093.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back