Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it 3 confirmed times plus in February 2020 I most likely had it. The first was the worst - flu like for about a week and a half, the second was nothing but loss of some taste, the third was a fever for 8 hours and a sinus infection.
For some reason, I never get more sick, than the first day of a vacation. March 2020 was up into the snow of the mountains. Left the house feeling fine, on the drive, thought I felt weird.. After unloading the car, I didn't get off the couch for 4 days.

Nutramar Foods

fishguy242

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

shootingstar_reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid all 24-hr news/cable sources, since they are 90% fluff (well I try but they are very good at infiltrating).

At this point, it's easy to not rely on one source and just see what different outlets are saying, or, just follow journalists themselves and see what they say - cut out the middleman. It's also easy to see what people directly involved/near/around the event/situation - whatever it may be - think since social media makes everyone accessible (in a way).

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, it's easy to not rely on one source and just see what different outlets are saying, or, just follow journalists themselves and see what they say - cut out the middleman. It's also easy to see what people directly involved/near/around the event/situation - whatever it may be - think since social media makes everyone accessible (in a way).

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid all 24-hr news/cable sources, since they are 90% fluff (well I try but they are very good at infiltrating).

There's something to be said here for consuming both bitters, seeing where they overlay and understanding outside of that is likely sensationalized.

Ok kids, West Coast sleep time. Be good and be good to each other.

I'm staring at you @crusso1993 ...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's something to be said here for consuming both bitters, seeing where they overlay and understanding outside of that is likely sensationalized.

Ok kids, West Coast sleep time. Be good and be good to each other.

I'm staring at you @crusso1993 ...
I’m unsure of you’re staring because you’re hoping for input on a news source that is unbiased or if you’re hoping I’ll be good and good to others or if you’re hoping for both. IMHO, the sad truth is that one would have better results finding a three-legged ballerina than an unbiased news source. As for being good and good to each other, these concepts are both subjective and relative. I will say, though, that I’ve always enjoyed a good staring contest! :face-with-spiral-eyes:

Edit - in other news, I received a like for a comment I made on a thread from nearly four years ago. This struck me as a little bit odd as it was an introduction thread. What is stranger is that my post was the only one in the thread that this particular individual liked. Weird.

Double edit - “Ok kids, West Coast sleep time. Be good and be good to each other.” East Coast sleep time. In between us you can find this…

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a Convo prompt that has been living in my head rent free.

I remember a year or so ago, a good friend of mine asking me where I got my news from. It felt like a weirdly personal question to me, in part because I know almost all news leans one way, or the other. We've known each other forever. That shouldn't be a weird question, right?

Ask people and watch them brain glitch, it's fun. So with that being said, where do you go to get your Unbiased news?
Gzero. Not sure where it falls on the charts, but seems to do the job well enough. I used to read Morning Brew, then they crawled up Elons but and lived there till I bounced.
Wait... COVID is about reefing???? Let's discuss this more!
It got me back into fishkeeping and is the reason I have so many tanks. there are worse coping methods, at least that's what I tell myself as I spend more on fish and coral.
I think both sides have gone further into their corners during the pandemic. There was also a few other hyper polarizing events that overlap in time so I can't say covid was, the why but I think it happened.
leaving the centrists out in the cold. There was a lot under the covers, lockdown I think just brought it to the surface.
I'm usually in the corner...
I'm by the food table.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we're being honest, I get all my news from Babylon Bee. Totally unbiased. They hate everyone equally.
I dropped the Onion as my recommendation which is also fully satirical and nobody blinked an eye.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we're being honest, I get all my news from Babylon Bee. Totally unbiased. They hate everyone equally.
I dropped them when they wouldn't shut up about AOC. There seems to be a theme about why I drop news sources...

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped the Onion as my recommendation which is also fully satirical and nobody blinked an eye.
cuz under the satire, there's some truth.

Now Weekly World News, that's the unbiased cold hard truth.

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just was not here when you dropped it. Satire often seems to me to be a good way to share news as it quickly reveals something about the consumer based on how they react: it shows confirmation bias if the satire is misinterpreted as fact, it shows the consumer's self-awareness of personal biases if the satirical joke is understood and both sides are considered, or it shows a general cluelessness to what the consumer really believes if they do not find the satire interesting at all for either of the previous reasons. At least, this is how I perceive it.

There are some news sources on the previous charts that I am surprised are categorized like they are, but they seem to be somewhat generally correct. Maybe some of them I disagree with categorization not because of how I read and perceive them while trying to recognize my own biases but rather because of how I have seen people around me react based on the news or use the articles as "proof" in an argument without accounting for counter-points.

I don't know if we really can remove ourselves from our own biases completely, so all news can have a biased slant, but I still will take in information from any source and interpret for myself what seems to be the real news. As @fishguy242 said, "Our eye's and world actions show us more than a "monitored " news report." I believe one of the worst things for any of us in regard to news is seeking confirmation bias instead of recognizing the danger therein. The "truth" exists regardless of our own beliefs or our ability to perceive it through our own biases, which is why I think we should be self-aware enough to be willing to constantly test our own beliefs to check our own biases.

Now I'm off my news soapbox, so back to reef discussion:
I added a couple sizeable chunks of my ocean-direct live rock to my work tank this morning (forgot my camera, so no pictures) and also found the missing cleaner goby still alive and well!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back