Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your username responded and I thought that might be your suggestion lol. I think I could use a bit more flow in certain areas as one of my powerheads is going bad.
I don’t know how your issues are going, but wanted to let you know that increased flow is certainly helping mine. I’ve still got build up in slower flow areas, but the cyno and Dino is fading away where the flow picked up.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Zachvet

Zachvet

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I have reduced my white light quite a bit and manually removed a lot of algae last night. I’ll monitor algae growth and coral growth over the next few weeks and post about my results.

Nutramar Foods

Indytraveler83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I have reduced my white light quite a bit and manually removed a lot of algae last night. I’ll monitor algae growth and coral growth over the next few weeks and post about my results.
I’ll be looking forward to hearing about your progress. I think my problems have at least stopped growing as fast. Just got in a much larger order of snails than I ordered from reefcleaners, along with some blue hermits, so maybe that will help too!

lordraptor1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low nitrates and high phosphates are a recipe for cyano.

interesteing considering im having the same thing only my nitrates are currently of the chart on multiple brand test kits ( dont know about phosphats as i dont have a kit to test that.

with that said i have an ATS jerry rigged in until i can replace some parts that previous owner glued together that really didnt need to be and after scuffing a piece of mesh with some 60 grit sandpaper seeding the screen with some of the hair algae removed from my tank and overflow, and setting the flow rate i am seeing a lot of what looks like green slimy algae grow. only time will tell if the ATS works because im still waiting for the hair algae growth LOL.

anyway, my point is you can get cyano and even full blown cyano outbreaks with high nitrates becuase i had a major cyano issue that required scooping it out with a net and scrubbing the rock, unfortunatley the cyano is starting to come back and i feed a small pinch or 2 every other day due to my bioload consisting of a pair of clowns, a yellow eye kole, a foxface, a GSP, a toadstool, a xenia, and a single head of candy cane ( not including cuc)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back