Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a used Red Sea 450 yesterday. The top right side where the sealant is at looks like it could have some air in there. The tank holds water just fine and there is no leaks. Just wondering what you guys think and if anyone has experienced anything similar. I attached two pictures one is left side that looks how I would expect and the other is right side.

536EB347-74F4-4AF4-A17E-7586BD276A79.jpeg 72861B40-733F-4194-A1F8-FCBA01DC5561.jpeg

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods

TurboTang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a couple posts this past week of red sea tanks with bubbles in the same area - but much smaller. In both cases they were still under warranty and red sea offered to replace both tanks. Red sea must know it is headed to failure. Your picture looks much worse

Avast
BRS

Rjramos

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing the history of these separations with Red Sea, this would have been the first thing I looked at before buying used. I hope you got a good deal, cause if you can’t return it, it needs repair. Reseal is a quick fix but not a guaranteed one. Silicone is inert, new silicone will not bond to existing cured silicone, and if even a microbubble is left in between, this will be a point of future failure. Best, Buy hard way, is to carefully disassemble, clean and rebuild the whole tank professionally.

OP
OP
deerhunter06

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing the history of these separations with Red Sea, this would have been the first thing I looked at before buying used. I hope you got a good deal, cause if you can’t return it, it needs repair. Reseal is a quick fix but not a guaranteed one. Silicone is inert, new silicone will not bond to existing cured silicone, and if even a microbubble is left in between, this will be a point of future failure. Best, Buy hard way, is to carefully disassemble, clean and rebuild the whole tank professionally.
500 bucks ‍♂️

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back