Nitrates/Hazy water

ReefDad89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some advise

I’ve had a full mixed reef up and running for years and recently experienced low nitrates <5ppm. (Tank usually ran around 10ppm) my LFS suggested increased feeding to help boost overall load on the tank. The staff sold my wife a frozen food with beneficial bacteria in it, which caused the nitrates to plummet further to 0. I cut out that food and since turned off the skimmer and removed chemipure. After a week of feeding 2 times a day nitrates were still at <1. I started dosing NeoNitro. My question is without filtration my water is looking hazy. Any advice?

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some advise

I’ve had a full mixed reef up and running for years and recently experienced low nitrates <5ppm. (Tank usually ran around 10ppm) my LFS suggested increased feeding to help boost overall load on the tank. The staff sold my wife a frozen food with beneficial bacteria in it, which caused the nitrates to plummet further to 0. I cut out that food and since turned off the skimmer and removed chemipure. After a week of feeding 2 times a day nitrates were still at <1. I started dosing NeoNitro. My question is without filtration my water is looking hazy. Any advice?
Turn the filtration back on. After years of operation, it is not likely the problem.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back