New Year, New Giveaway: Win a DELTEC Skimmer! - A R2R Exclusive Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bill Bolton

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My name is [email protected] .
I would like to see an unbiased article, or series of articles on reefkeeping equipment on a realistic budget. Something testing different, lower cost pumps, lights and skimmers to see which ones work best. I have been in this hobby since the late 80s and the prices have really gotten out of hand. I know many, many people that have either quit the hobby, or are afraid or unable to get into this great hobby, because the prices for equipment are prohibitive unless a person has a huge disposable income. I have taken a break from the hobby for a few years, but I am starting to assemble equipment to refill my 900 gallon tank. I know that equipment for giant tanks is very expensive, but the folks wanting to build an average tank in their living room need an unbiased list of cost effective options!

BrandonP

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Subscribed!

YouTube Username: The Reef Hobbyist

I’d love to see a tank build using exclusively Aqua Forest products! Might be too specific but it’d be cool!

electricreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Subscribed. YouTube Channel: Electric Reef
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrXp0LS8vFfx4FV7UvckH_w
I would like to see a video series aimed at nutrients in the reef tank. Their pros and cons. Ways to remove undesired nutrients and ways to add nutrients that are lacking in the system. Take for example, nitrates in my system. They are non existent no matter how much I feed Or how long I prolong a water change. Most advanced hobbyists know unconventional ways of raising nitrates, take for example, spectracide stump remover. What are more conventional ways of raising those types of nutrients without totally trailblazing the tank? A full series would be awesome.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JBJAquarium.com
Back