New Year, New Giveaway: Win a DELTEC Skimmer! - A R2R Exclusive Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Worldcut

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
new-year-giveaway-2018-social-v2.png

Hi Fellow Reefers,

Robert, Kelly, and the rest of the crew are hard at work filming new Marine Depot videos to release in the New Year.

We wanted to invite you all to join us on our adventures in reefkeeping in 2018 by subscribing to our YouTube channel!

Once you subscribe (or if you are already a subscriber), reply to this thread with your YouTube username along with 1 topic or product you'd like us to cover in the New Year!

On 2/1/18 we will choose 1 lucky R2R member/MD YouTube subscriber from this thread to receive a FREE Deltec SCA 1351 Protein Skimmer—a beast of a skimmer and a $379 value!

We'll also send a snazzy Marine Depot T-shirt and some handy plug labels to 5 random R2R members just for helping us out with fresh content ideas. :D

Thank you in advance to everyone for participating and GOOD LUCK!

Warm regards,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

[email protected]
I'd like to see a video on the benefits and methods of growing macro-algae in a refugium.

JohnnyC17

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Subscribed, my YouTube username is jorlon17

I have read about folks not using protein skimmers at all with good results. So a topic I would like to see is what are the pros and cons of using one.

Thanks!
Johnny

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Youtube username is: lloydtaylormedic, http://www.youtube.com/LloydTaylormedic .

Would love to see video on benefits and risks of ozone or UV. Besides the aesthetic differences (ozone or UV provides so much clearer water the tank looks strikingly different, and PAR remains higher all the way to bottom), do ozone and UV actually help prevent diseases in our tanks? If ozone and UV do not provide tangible protection from diseases, is there anything that does?

Javamahn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
subscribed [email protected]
I would like to see you pick a specific method (Triton, ATI, Aquaforest Probiotic) and run through a conversion of an existing system not using ULNS methods. Specifically what to watch for and how to move to the method's supplements without harm to the current established system. And then the results of thta move after a period of time including visual and chemical comparisons.

AutumnSky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
****Minimal Equipment starter nano tanks say 12G and under.

****Building your own rock arches and other configurations with a variety of techniques.

****Comparing nano tank lights and discussing which types of lights are effective for what type of tank inhabitants, from inverts to corals, to macroalgae vareties.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back