Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@speedinc, you have tried many named brand lights as well. For my Fiji Cube 32g AIO sps tank (24"Lx15"W16"H, display dim), I will need one more Uno2 to cope with shadowing at the far edge SPS that are placed 8 inches below the water face and 2 inches from the side walls.

Relatively compare Uno2 to my old xr15 G5 Pro:
- Spectrum color: Uno2 color is vivid and "fuller". xr15 is a bit "harsh" under comparison.

- Power/PAR: ~250% more powerful than xr15 Pro. (270w vs. 105w). A small nuclear power plant. Solid numbers who can debate.

- Product quality: massive heat sink, quiet fan (mine is constantly running at different speeds due to my cooler temperature preference), LED info display, high quality waterproof LED drive (power supply), glass face cover (xr15 uses plastic, mine had small cracks around screws :eek:, )

- 90 and 120 degree reflectors are both included: the 90 degree reflector is a real treat to the eyes - NO glare. 120 is ok. xr15, nay...

- Interface, functions and features: Uno2 has too much to list. The level of details on tuning each light spectrum channel, cloud, moon, (yes, you can choose whatever spectrum, intensity or combination of them), cooling fan speed based on your desired temperature, etc. are immense. If you are into it, you will LOVE it. It's up to the users that they want to be advanced users or newbies using all those bloody excellent pre-set defaults (I am using them with minor tweaks). So, options are available for all. In this regard, Uno2 wins by a mile long.

- 3-Year long warranty: 3 vs. 1 = 300% longer.

- Not too pretty software interface: Uno2 provides stable, fully practical and functional interface but it won't win the beauty contest nor the friendly "look" (I do mean appearance because Uno2 is not difficult to use). If you want iPad user experience, finger gestures, colorful graphics or fancy modern high-tech look, you will be disappointed.

** (I was using 120 degree reflector till the shadowing issue occurred. My temporary solution is using the 90 degree reflector, moved Uno2 off the center a few inches to the right, and installed AI Prime at the far left. Still Uno2 covers most of the area. Again, I must mention that it is NOT the light/PAR spread(coverage) issue, it is the shadowing. Wish Reefi Lab make panel LED like Straton Pro in the near future - Shadow Be Gone.

Reefi Lab compares their reflectors and their spreads. This is the Youtube link. Reeflectors & Spreads

More users references for your research
ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro - the telegraham take

I am saving money for the second Uno2.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadowing issues:

D-Aquaman sps
IMG_3171-a.jpg

Fruitopia
IMG_3179-a.jpg

Big-R Walt Disney
IMG_3173-a.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a MQ-510 yesterday. Did a couple of tests with it on a Reefer 200XL, @LARedstickreefer your readings are pretty similar to mine. On the default SPS setting, in the middle I got 600+ par and 250-350 on the sandbed with the lights hanging 10" with the 120* reflectors
Regarding your Reefi’s lights, how many are you using on your reefer 200xl and what is your approximate spread measurements. I’ve got 8 foot tank, 34 inches deep and 26 inches high. This is in-wall tank, so I can hang the lights at any height and not have to worry about spillage. Trying to decide if I hang these perpendicular above my tank and horizontal - thus the reason for my spread measurement question. Also, I love the shimmer I get from Kessil lights, so trying to decide if I should supplement reefi lights with Kessils A360x (since I own then already) or does the Reefi put-off a similar shimmer as Kessil?

AS

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a further experiments, the shadowing issue has become less of an issue. So, now I am back to using a single Uno 2 and those SPS at far edges seems to slowly recover and doing OK. I believe those SPS needed more time than usual to to adapt the new Uno 2 and I over reacted. Of course, if I had the budget I would add 1 more and blanket the entire tank. And let them become a LED panel. I know that's over kill.

I sincerely apology that I hastily jumped to the conclusion on the shadowing issue and causing a lot of people's concerns.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back