Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cricket is looking delicious Perry! Good job. I’d like to see the Bugatti too ;)
Thanks Jesse!
Still trying to get used to your profile pic, lol... Yeah, the Cricket Spine is VERY special, at least to me ;) I am yet to see such a lush, velvety, sultry type red. It exudes class :)
Bugatti is doing a trick, the color is really starting to develop. The growth has been unbelievable, and color seems to be following suit. I will get a top down and tag you :)

Sweet Reef Corals

Formerly known as SweetReefOH
Review score
+52 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+52 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Jesse!
Still trying to get used to your profile pic, lol... Yeah, the Cricket Spine is VERY special, at least to me ;) I am yet to see such a lush, velvety, sultry type red. It exudes class :)
Bugatti is doing a trick, the color is really starting to develop. The growth has been unbelievable, and color seems to be following suit. I will get a top down and tag you :)
Those were my thoughts on the Cricket as well. It looks like a dessert cake ball from Starbucks lol. Hence the delicious comment :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Please do, I’m curious to see yours. Where’d you acquire it?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those were my thoughts on the Cricket as well. It looks like a dessert cake ball from Starbucks lol. Hence the delicious comment :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Please do, I’m curious to see yours. Where’d you acquire it?

Lol...
Man I am now craving sweets!!!
Freaking Cricket Spine, like Red Velvet cake :)
I got my Bugatti from Allen/ CRT.
@coral reeftank

Kinda dim pic I just snapped for you brother!!!
20230514_192748.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Sweet Reef Corals

Formerly known as SweetReefOH
Review score
+52 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+52 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those following:
Basic reefing works. I have been settling in to seeing a thriving reef, with little human interaction. I feed heavy with only frozen food, Hikari mysis and LRS Reef frenzy to be exact. 9 fish, they are all fatties... Foxface, 2 ORA Black Clowns, 2 pajamas, 1 bangai, 2 bimaculatus anthias, Copperband Butterfly. They eat at 4pm daily.
I use a large skimmer, passive AF Carbon in a sock, and use a fiter sock as I run barebottom.
I currently use UV- 25 watts run 24/7 in sump, this will go offline soon, and was in place to transition between systems.

Parameters- Big 3
7.7dkh, 400ca, 1300mg-

Nutrients-
.08-.14ppm P04
5-8ppm- N03

Currently N03 sits where it sits, with zero control/interaction. P04 naturally rises by .04ppm daily, likely from not rinsing mysis- CAVEAT---Will be rinsing and testing- more info later-
That said, I test P04 daily, before feeding, and this result determines a light LC dose to bring down my levels. 1 drop, usually accounts for .01-.02ppm decrease. I use Phosphate RX.
Water change with Aquaforest Reef salts, mixed to and maintained at 34ppt, 15 gallons/10% every 2 weeks.
I wanted to mention that light dosages of KZ FWS every 3 days at 25%, and KZ Sponge Power at 4 drops every 3 days. Likely, they will be discontinued after expiration.
I use Red Sea Color program 4 part trace at 10ml each week on Friday, this is about 20% of recommendations, based on CA use.

Lighting-
10x38watt t5- 4x ABS, 4xB+, 2xP+
2x Orphek OR3 Blue bars
7am- 8pm- 2xB+ 2x Orphek OR3 Blue
10am- 6pm- ALL LIGHTS

Flow is such were detritus does not settle. 2 Jeboas rated at 5000gph, a tunze piwerhead, and Ecotech mp40 . This is a **** ton of flow, and is recommended as part of my bb maintenance and nutrient management.

Corals.com
OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some angles from today.
Tank looking pretty good, so far, happy with the upgrade :)
For those following along, especially on YouTube, I put out a video earlier regarding how I dose kalkwasser. Give it a watch if your interested in how I maintain Big3.

Happy Reefing!!!
20230520_120044.jpg

20230520_115734.jpg

20230520_120038.jpg

Moronta12

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been very lucky with the chance to meet Perry and see this tank in person.
1- Perry is a Great Guy with lot of Knowledge.
2- This tank is looking awesome... I want to see again in 6 months or a year.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus I heard he gives great hugs!

While uncomfortable, a 30 second hug has been proven to break through the ego... hmmm.... Yeah, hugs are definitely cool :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been very lucky with the chance to meet Perry and see this tank in person.
1- Perry is a Great Guy with lot of Knowledge.
2- This tank is looking awesome... I want to see again in 6 months or a year.

Thanks brother!
That is very kind of you to say!
Knowledge is nothing more than experience, I am experienced, and occasionally stumble upon something that works. Duplicating that recipe day in and day out is just passion and commitment. So many ways to do this hobby, we all bring that knowledge, thank you for sharing yours as well :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along well. I just finished my first set of bottles from RS colors set. It really does bring out the colors. I should be getting some potassium chloride powder and seachem iodide in the mail soon; I want to experiment with that before going back to the RS trace.

I've wanted to incorporate kalkwasser for some time now. Will check out the video.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along well. I just finished my first set of bottles from RS colors set. It really does bring out the colors. I should be getting some potassium chloride powder and seachem iodide in the mail soon; I want to experiment with that before going back to the RS trace.

I've wanted to incorporate kalkwasser for some time now. Will check out the video.

As a caveat,
After a bit of feedback from Alex, I will now just use a large mixing spoon instead of a powerhead for my small batch mixing, that will make more sense after the video, lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a caveat,
After a bit of feedback from Alex, I will now just use a large mixing spoon instead of a powerhead for my small batch mixing, that will make more sense after the video, lol.
Awesome. I think ill give this a try. Have been wanting to implement kalkwasser for a while. And now my alk is down to 6.7 with increasing AFR dose and 10 ml of two part a day. Tank would benefit from some frequent intermittent kalkwasser drip.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back