Moving On Up: Do you have plans to upgrade your tank?

Do you have plans to upgrade your tank? Share your plans in the comments!

• Yes!

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • No!

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Craigsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago I finished install on my upgrade. Went from a 40 AIO to a 200 gallon (total system volume). Spared no expense and have really enjoyed it so far. Still have not really expanded the fish/corals as I am waiting for things to settle down. If there is one thing I have learned in this hobby, it's patience!

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on it right now,
20240904_185230.gif

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. The 203g is the biggest I can fit anywhere on my main level. At first, my wife said Only One Tank! I argued that we need a QT and explained why. So now it's Only Two Tanks!

saltienewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key is to getting your significant other on board. My wife has named the fish and will sit with my daughter and watch the tank.
Going from a RS 300xl to most likely 60x24x24. But the glass cages 60x24x25 bundle is looking nice.
I’m fine with what I have coral space wise, but still limited on number and types of fish
Edit: also want a canopy to keep the 6 year old from trying to pet the fish

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I choose Other, Explain....I have this idea in my head to build out in a rural area. I have some property in the Loess Hills where I could easily put an Earth Home. I do dirt work and trucking so a lot of construction costs I could mitigate doing the big work myself. This is where it gets real, for me, I want to put a monstrous tank there and build a place to live around it. Thinking 12 foot long, 30 inches tall, 4 foot front to back. I'm limiting it to 12' because I want to use Starfire Glass. I think 3/4 inch thick x 30inch glass would be ok with that water weight up to 12 feet long, but I would consult a pro before ordering it. The tank and sump themselves would be concrete walls lined with like Pond Liner. Custom made over flows and drains etc. Thinking a 8ftx4ftx2ft sump tank. I got some Grandiose Dreams :)

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really want to upgrade to a shallow 120 gallon lagoon (Innovative Marine SR120). I'm going to get my 25 gallon lagoon to a place where I'm happy with it first, which will take a few years. Praying the the U.S. can get it's crap together so costs can go down by then.

JayM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 100 gallon in the garage waiting to replace the 70 gallon. Should have been done already, but I’m spending entirely too much time planning the custom stand I’ll be building, and now I’m thinking maybe 125 or 150 might be a good idea.

AetherealKnight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a tank any bigger than my the 91 gallon reef is just going to be too much for me to take care of. 90 gallons to me is the right place for me, not too small and not too big.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back