**!!LRO Fall Into Savings FLASH SALE!! This SUNDAY! Freebies! $1, $5, and $10 Coral!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have better luck with my torch, as well! I had to move my frogspawn around for about 10 days (giving it a few days in each spot) before it got happier with the light/flow mix. My torch plopped onto its spot and has been a happy camper since. (knocks on wood)

Your torches are lovely!!!
yEA MIne were happy than i glued the frogspawn, but i been messing with the lights and flow, so i think that might be it. Being new reefer, not much info how to set the lights, seems everyone has an opinion. on it. Still dont know if mine are good or not.

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yEA MIne were happy than i glued the frogspawn, but i been messing with the lights and flow, so i think that might be it. Being new reefer, not much info how to set the lights, seems everyone has an opinion. on it. Still dont know if mine are good or not.

I downloaded the app "Photone" on my phone (free!). I don't trust that it's 100% accurate, but it was at least in the range of what I thought my PAR should/would be, so it provided a little peace of mind without having to find or rent a real par meter.

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the app "Photone" on my phone (free!). I don't trust that it's 100% accurate, but it was at least in the range of what I thought my PAR should/would be, so it provided a little peace of mind without having to find or rent a real par meter.
nice, yea, mine is semi based on from ai website. So i am not even what stuff is liked at what par.

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a new 15 gallon being delivered end of October. Anyone have some nano tanks filled with coral I can see for inspiration? Figure that’s an excuse for me to keep buying coral. Just stocking up for when that one’s ready.
not me, i am thinking of redoing my 24 gallon one. i have been to lazy to build a rockscape. But you can probally check the build threads on the forum and see what they have....

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone visit the LRO store? I’ll be in Orlando to pick up any winnings next week and was curious if anyone had been there.
Yes, i wa there last weekend, and thinking of going over maybe tommorrow or Saturday. They had nice rock scape made that i am thinking of buying,as i am to lazy to build my own.

waterboys

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, i wa there last weekend, and thinking of going over maybe tommorrow or Saturday. They had nice rock scape made that i am thinking of buying,as i am to lazy to build my own.
Good to know. They have a lot of options for that?

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. They have a lot of options for that?
Not really, on the guys that worked there did it. I know they build them if you requested it. But i like the way it looked. I am new to reefing, and out the 3 fish stores i been to, they have been the best of the three. One i went to was dark and and one person working i got ingore for 20 minutes, remind me of a drug den. The other, they have ton of peeps, but really no selction. They by far have been my favorite why i keep driving the hour to go there.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a new 15 gallon being delivered end of October. Anyone have some nano tanks filled with coral I can see for inspiration? Figure that’s an excuse for me to keep buying coral. Just stocking up for when that one’s ready.
Got algae control issues at the moment, so not for inspo but here's my 15 cube.
IMG_20220905_141729532_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll post up some pics of my nano tanks in a few!
- Rachel

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got any snails in that badboy, it will help clean up the hair alge fast.
The pencil urchin does a fair job on the glass and rock, stays of the substrate though. Just got a chestnut (probably) cowrie. There are a few snails in there. They never seem to make it long. I can clear it manually almost completely and it's back to the level in the photo after a week.

rachelsreef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano tank pics as promised :)
TCE-04.090122.jpg
IMG_3246.jpg
IMG_8517 2.jpg
1D284C6A-4C1A-4789-A5EA-1819D8FDE485.jpg

Elise_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back