***LRO Christmas in July FLASH SALE!!! Sunday, July 7th SURPRISE IN EVERY BOX!!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought one (peppermint Goni) but wasn’t sure it would fit in the spot I thought I had. Lol
There is always room!!!!

IMG_3285.jpeg
IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is always room!!!!

IMG_3285.jpeg
IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg
Your tank gives me coral envy. I need a bigger tank…….
I inherited my scape with my used tank. It had been a Fowler tank. It’s an incredible sculpted scape. Perfect for my rock swimming gramma. Horrible for coral placement tho.

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank gives me coral envy. I need a bigger tank…….
I inherited my scape with my used tank. It had been a Fowler tank. It’s an incredible sculpted scape. Perfect for my rock swimming gramma. Horrible for coral placement tho.

If you enjoy being incredibly frustrated, you can spend an entire day moving all your rock around. :upside-down-face:

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you enjoy being incredibly frustrated, you can spend an entire day moving all your rock around. :upside-down-face:
Unfortunately it’s all cemented together or I would. My original plan was a few corals and fish being the focus. A hammer here, a frogspawn there a couple oz Zoa islands and gsp on the back wall. Some candy canes maybe. And the scape would certainly work for that. Then I discovered coral sales……

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it’s all cemented together or I would. My original plan was a few corals and fish being the focus. A hammer here, a frogspawn there a couple oz Zoa islands and gsp on the back wall. Some candy canes maybe. And the scape would certainly work for that. Then I discovered coral sales……

Another thing that's partially Ann's fault! I'm so glad I had my husband concrete things in sections and then leave some loose. I was REALLY upset because I couldn't find our diamond goby when I finished up yesterday. I was so worried he somehow jumped out of the tank (I was very vigilant watching for jumping) or I somehow squished him with a rock. I didn't see him the rest of the day. But here he is!

20240712_082934.jpg

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing that's partially Ann's fault! I'm so glad I had my husband concrete things in sections and then leave some loose. I was REALLY upset because I couldn't find our diamond goby when I finished up yesterday. I was so worried he somehow jumped out of the tank (I was very vigilant watching for jumping) or I somehow squished him with a rock. I didn't see him the rest of the day. But here he is!

20240712_082934.jpg
So glad you found him!!

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’ve done that!!! Or moved one thing and then BAM now I have to move and fix and rearrange all this other stuff!!!!

I’m going to take my time on the scape of the new tank…..

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what has caused me to redo my scape and build new pieces or switch out rocks

Speaking of rocks I need to find more free reef rocks

Here is the Goni Shoe I made

IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9993.jpeg

Full disclosure I should have probably given them more room

And I also cemented together the rocks my hammers are on …..don’t know if I have that photo

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no it didn’t notify me that you guys were still talking here :loudly-crying-face:

I GOT MY FIRST CORALS !!!!! The lil guys I bought came in today I was reallllly stressing about them not liking my tank. (Incoming Garbage photos)

821CAB86-68A9-490A-BBD0-DF8062FD2C3D.jpeg

BUUUUT as you can see

719B7F8C-CD29-4C15-941E-98A238ED4824.jpeg
3B8E2031-A0F4-4174-9FEE-92A91F4DA35E.jpeg

They seem to like it !!!!!

God the plugs were SOOO pristine !!! I love them so much.

I can’t stop staring at my frogspawn- my dearly beloved

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no it didn’t notify me that you guys were still talking here :loudly-crying-face:

I GOT MY FIRST CORALS !!!!! The lil guys I bought came in today I was reallllly stressing about them not liking my tank. (Incoming Garbage photos)

821CAB86-68A9-490A-BBD0-DF8062FD2C3D.jpeg

BUUUUT as you can see

719B7F8C-CD29-4C15-941E-98A238ED4824.jpeg
3B8E2031-A0F4-4174-9FEE-92A91F4DA35E.jpeg

They seem to like it !!!!!

God the plugs were SOOO pristine !!! I love them so much.

I can’t stop staring at my frogspawn- my dearly beloved
I’m glad everything came in well!

I got a frog spawn and hairy mushroom too! I accidentally fragged my shroom. Lol I was trying to pull the rock off the plug and it broke and split a piece off my shoom with it. They are both doing fine.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what has caused me to redo my scape and build new pieces or switch out rocks

Speaking of rocks I need to find more free reef rocks

Here is the Goni Shoe I made

IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9993.jpeg

Full disclosure I should have probably given them more room

And I also cemented together the rocks my hammers are on …..don’t know if I have that photo
I love the shoe! Manolo is it? Lol

I may redo it one day. I just keep adding pieces of rock and I need to stop. My pour conch needs more sand.

Last edited:

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad everything came in well!

I got a frog spawn and hairy mushroom too! I accidentally fragged my shroom. Lol I was trying to pull the rock off the plug and it broke and split a piece off my shoom with it. They are both doing fine.

I’m terrified of touching the plugs… I would cry if I hurt it… Someday I’ll be braver. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m terrified of touching the plugs… I would cry if I hurt it… Someday I’ll be braver. :grinning-face-with-sweat:
I have had so many mushrooms arrive off the plugs (never Ann’s) that I had to glue back down. It was sort of baptism by fire. Lol

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’ve done that!!! Or moved one thing and then BAM now I have to move and fix and rearrange all this other stuff!!!!

I’m going to take my time on the scape of the new tank…..

100% recommend playing with scape before putting it in the tank. Super happy with how my little lagoon turned out!

I'm now MOSTLY happy with the frag...

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% recommend playing with scape before putting it in the tank. Super happy with how my little lagoon turned out!

I'm now MOSTLY happy with the frag...
Need to block/reduce flow to my Goni garden a little bit so I made a little arch thingy last night

IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_3346.jpeg

Yeah also will need a gallon of superglue and some more e Marco 400 mortar

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to block/reduce flow to my Goni garden a little bit so I made a little arch thingy last night

IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_3346.jpeg

Yeah also will need a gallon of superglue and some more e Marco 400 mortar

I like things stable, but not TOO stable. The two little fishies red epoxy and the occasional glue.

We picked up our new friends...and the ones from the auction...and another sale. So back to moving rocks around tonight and now I'm mad lol.

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like things stable, but not TOO stable. The two little fishies red epoxy and the occasional glue.

We picked up our new friends...and the ones from the auction...and another sale. So back to moving rocks around tonight and now I'm mad lol.
Most of my scape goes together in sections. Cuz variety! And who doesn’t like to get mad at rocks!!! The ability to slightly adjust the angle has come in handy!

I’ve seen people use acrylic sticks to help hold rock together…..I’m thinking I may need to go find some good masonry bits for my drill. Certain pieces (like my new mini arch!) need to be stable….although I used two pieces or acrylic rod to hold it in place (where it’s resting on the other rock) and it’s stable but moveable!
1721013609276.jpeg

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my scape goes together in sections. Cuz variety! And who doesn’t like to get mad at rocks!!! The ability to slightly adjust the angle has come in handy!

I’ve seen people use acrylic sticks to help hold rock together…..I’m thinking I may need to go find some good masonry bits for my drill. Certain pieces (like my new mini arch!) need to be stable….although I used two pieces or acrylic rod to hold it in place (where it’s resting on the other rock) and it’s stable but moveable!
1721013609276.jpeg

WHY AREN'T ROCKS PLIABLE?! How dare they be...rocks. :grinning-face-with-sweat: They're so frustrating, but it's so satisfying when it comes together. I just ordered some "frag sticks" to try out. They're 3d printed, but I don't know how I feel about long term use. Thinking more of trial runs and drilling out if a successful placement.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back