Legendary Corals Anniversary Live Sale Event! 10AM Pst/1pm Est. on Saturday, January 18th. 500+ WYSIWYG Pieces!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Johnniebt

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering when these corals come in. Do you send instructions on how you recommend to dip them? Also any concern on remove them off the plug or are the frags pest free. I know I should dip anyways and quarantine but, just want to be ready for what to expect. First time ordering online and don’t want to lose any if possible. Also first torch I’ve purchased any tips on how to dip would be appreciated thanks guys in advance.

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering when these corals come in. Do you send instructions on how you recommend to dip them? Also any concern on remove them off the plug or are the frags pest free. I know I should dip anyways and quarantine but, just want to be ready for what to expect. First time ordering online and don’t want to lose any if possible. Also first torch I’ve purchased any tips on how to dip would be appreciated thanks guys in advance.
Hello,

We don't have any special instructions on dipping, as everyone has their own method. But here are our tips and opinions:

We recommend dipping and inspecting corals from all places. We do our best to offer completely healthy and pest free corals, but there is never any guarantee regardless of where you purchase from. It's a good practice, as skipping dipping and inspections is a slippery slope the more times you purchase corals. As the owner of your reef tank, it's your responsibility in the end to make sure the pieces you put in your tank are safe. Setting up a quarantine would be the best idea!

I recommend floating your corals in the bag they come in until it matches your tank's temperature (takes about 30 minutes to an hour). I also recommend having the tank lights off or to float them in your sump. Afterwards, give them a dip in your coral dip of choice. Follow the directions and don't overdo the dosage, as some dips are very concentrated and harsh on corals. Popular ones are CoralRX, Revive, and Polyp Lab's Reef-Primer.

Reefers also use a pesticide you can find at your local hardware store called Bayer. Here's a great thread regarding it, it's what we personally use since it's very gentle on most corals: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bayer-insecticide-as-a-coral-dip.100496/

Coral dips don't kill all pests, but it generally does irritate them enough to the point of coming off the frag plug. Use a turkey baster after dipping to spray off any pests clinging on. If you see any hitchhikers you're unsure of, just remember the saying "when in doubt, toss it out." It's not worth risking your reef over an unknown! Just take a photo of the animal and find out later if it was a good or bad hitchhiker (smail, copepod, etc) when researching.

I would start all the corals you purchase lower in the tank, and move them around as they adjust a few days after! For the torch coral, give it an extra 2"-3" of space from other corals when you first purchase it. The tentacles will open up much more dramatically than when you receive it. After it settles down, you'll get a better idea of its size and can move it to a proper place.

For specific coral placement and care you have questions on, just reach out to us via email!

You can remove the corals off the plugs if you'd like, but I generally wouldn't recommend doing so the first few days they arrive until they've settled down.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with, and hopefully this post eases your concerns! We have one of the best shipping practices in the industry.

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Legendary Corals
Just got my order in! Very excited

Out of curiosity what PAR do you keep your chalices under?

Also zoas?

Thanks I'll post pics once everything is in the tank!
Hey there! I don't use a PAR meter for my tanks. But generally medium light with a mostly blue spectrum is what the corals are kept under! The chalices will like a bit lower light to holder a more solid coloration.

MikeyG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there reefers,

It's been awhile since we've put together a live sale for the community. We figured it was about time that we hosted one once again! This is to mark our anniversary date, which is technically on January 1st, but everyone's out partying that day. Having it a bit further out lets all of the holiday shipments settle down as well.

Since this is an anniversary event, this sale is going to be a bit more special than the previous ones we've had! Be sure to read all the rules below along with the special events to win free corals.

Everything will be listed on our website: www.legendary-corals.com

We're going to be offering over 500+ WYSIWYG pieces with plenty of quantity on each coral type to give everyone a fair chance of purchasing. Since the pieces are WYSIWYG, it is first come first served.

The Legendary Anniversary Live Sale Event (Rules may change at anytime. By participating in this sale you will automatically agree to the following rules):

• WHEN:
    • Date: 10:00am (PST) on Saturday, January 18th.
    • Communication will be solely through email: [email protected]. We will not be able to reply to PMs very quickly, so please email us for the fastest response.

• CORALS:
    • 500+ Pure WYSIWYG Corals
    • All corals will be added to our website. The tab will be broken up into different hours. Each hour 100 corals will be posted at once, this is to make it easier for everyone and you'll only need to check in once an hour for coral updates.
    • HOWEVER! In between updates will be giveaways, contests, and small treasure hunts. The prize for winning will be free coral.
    • Snipers be ready! All corals are heavily discounted from their already awesome prices.
    • Items will be available at sale price until taken off the site.
    • Under the rare case that the coral is not well to ship, you will receive a similar piece if in stock. If no coral is in stock, then we will refund you.
    • If for some reason you and someone else got the same coral, the first person to check out will win the coral. We will notify you if we have a similar item we can offer.

• PAYMENT:
    • Our website only accepts PayPal at the moment.
    • ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No exchanges, refunds, etc. We cannot stress this enough. All sales are final, and we will not be refunding orders.
    • Your item is NOT yours until it's payed for. If it's in your cart, it isn't safe from other reefers!

• SHIPPING:
    • Shipping options/ dates are available at the end of your checkout process. Shipping will be a flat fee of $50 ($35 for CA). You can order as many items as you want and the shipping rate will be a flat fee (with the exception of orders over 30 pieces, we may need to send out a second box).
    • We will ONLY ship to the address on your PayPal. So please have this updated on your account to avoid any confusion. This includes any work addresses.
    • We will NOT allow combined shipments (no combining shipping with another customer).
    • We will need at least 24 hours to process your order, so items will NOT be shipped out on the same day of purchase.
    • LOCALS: Choose the local pick up option under the shipping tabs (will most likely be at the very end past all the dates). Please notify which weekday you can meet up (7:30PM/8:00PM).

LIVE SALE ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAYS!!!

We love Reef2Reef and the support the community has given us throughout the years. So for this sale, we'll have some fun giveaways To keep it fun throughout the hours, we'll be having small giveaways, contests, and even a bit of a scavenger hunt. The prize for each will be free corals added to your box! And they're going to be some nice pieces.

View attachment 1302168

Rules to follow to win!
When does it start: At the beginning of the Live Sale Anniversary event! A new event will be held every half hour, giving everyone plenty of chances to participate and win.
Each participant is allowed to have one post per event.
You must participate in the sale (make a purchase) in order to be allowed to participate in the events. Must have 1 item purchased for each winning. For example, if you won 3 events, you must also have 3 corals purchased from the sale. Please make a purchase prior to participating!
You may only win an event once every hour, so a total of 5 winnings maximum.
If you made a purchase on the site, be sure to include your username in the comments of your order.
The photos of corals posted are not the exact frag you'll win, but will be the same coral!

How do I win?!
Simply follow the directions for each new event! There will be multiple events throughout the hours, so plenty of chances for everyone to win. Listed below are the current events we came up with.

Here's an example of a photo contest giveaway:
The next batch of 100 corals are up! A new hour means a new event. For the next 30 minutes, put your submissions in for your favorite mushroom coral you own. One photo submission per user! Winner will be selected randomly and will win a Juggernaut Bounce valued at over $100!
View attachment 1377452

Here's an example of an ID ME event:
Hello there reefers! The new event has started. And this time, it's going to be a flash event. Throughout the next 30 minutes, photos of corals are going to be added to the forum. Correctly identify their given name first and it will be added to your box! We expect to post about 2-3 frags for this event. If you've already identified one coral, be sure to let others identify the next ones!

ID ME Coral [HASH=26]#1:[/HASH]
Hint: I'm an LC exclusive piece! I'm named after an infamous deadly spider due to my long lashes and dark body. Whoever correctly identifies me gets a frag of me in their box. I'm worth $70 for 1p!
View attachment 1377474

Here's an example of a scavenger hunt event:
It's been another 30 minutes, so now it's time for another event! This time, it's the scavenger hunt. Randomly posted throughout the latest update are photos of corals that you can win. They will be hidden among photos of other corals on the site. Take a screenshot and post it here on R2R, showing the item. First to post gets it! There will be 2-3 scavenger pieces per event in increments of one coral every 10-15 minutes.​
You do not need to purchase the original coral to win the event coral. If you've already won a coral from this event, please let others participate and don't post the next ones.

Example: There is a Space Invader Pectinia that's hidden under the LC XXX Goniopora product page. There will also be a description that indicates that Image [HASH=123]#2,[/HASH] the Space Invader Pectenia, is indeed a part of the Scavenger Hunt Event. Post a photo that's similar to either of these and you win!

View attachment 1377546
View attachment 1377547

With every box comes a sticker, our business card, and a small treat. For a limited time, Brightwell has offered to give a free sample of their popular Amino Acids! Every box will have a small vial to try out until supplies last.
View attachment 1377531
View attachment 1377532

Our latest zoa pocket tees will also be on sale during the event!
View attachment 1377534

And lastly, have fun! Let's make this into another great event!

Cheers,
Darwin
Does anyone recognize these little critters?
Are they Berghia Nudibranch?
I bought $300 worth from Salty Underground about 3 months ago to deal with an aptasia problem but never saw them again after adding them to my tank.
Now I have a ton of them in my refugium. But. I only see the when the refugium light is off.

20200216_155729.jpg

MikeyG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my order and everything was as expected. The guys did an awesome job with the packaging. This is the best packaging I've seen from any coral suppliers on the internet to date. There was one or two that didn't look too well. I followed up with the guys and they actually gave me credit which I'll use for a future purchase. In summary, great merchant, great communication, and the products are of top-quality.
Will definitely do business with you guys again.

20200216_171944.jpg

DibsOnMcRibs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone recognize these little critters?
Are they Berghia Nudibranch?
I bought $300 worth from Salty Underground about 3 months ago to deal with an aptasia problem but never saw them again after adding them to my tank.
Now I have a ton of them in my refugium. But. I only see the when the refugium light is off.

View attachment 1427910
Yes. Those are berghias

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back