LC's 9th Anniversary Live Sale THREAD! 500+ WYSIWYG Corals, 100 Corals Listed Every Hour! 10AM PST/1PM EST, Saturday, January 28th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mww00ds

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1674934469106.png

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hour 3 is now live with the next drop of corals!
1674936024819.png

New Game! - How I Got Into the Hobby

For this game, comment on how you got into this one-of-a-kind hobby. I very rarely run into people who are in this hobby aside from Online Forums/ Groups, Local Fish Stores, and Trade Shows.

Me telling people I reef: "Whoah, like in the ocean? And it's in saltwater?!"

So it would be incredible to hear how each of you found out about reefing and what compelled you to start your open little box of the ocean!

The winner will be drawn randomly!

1674935547703.png

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been drawn to and had a love for all things Ocean and ocean animals, ever since I was little. Never knew about reef tanks though (since no one in my family shared my same love for animals). 8 years ago I accidentally walked into what I thought was a pet store to pick something up for my puppy, and to my surprise found a Reef store with an amazing little biocube reef setup that I knew I had to emulate. The rest is history! :D

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had a FW aquarium growing up that my Mom would maintain, but it wasn't until I had a college roommate with a SW tank that I truly fell in love with the hobby. I helped maintain that aquarium for a couple years and after moving out, eventually started my own!

trixter227

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been drawn to and had a love for all things Ocean and ocean animals, ever since I was little. Never knew about reef tanks though (since no one in my family shared my same love for animals). 8 years ago I accidentally walked into what I thought was a pet store to pick something up for my puppy, and to my surprise found a Reef store with an amazing little biocube reef setup that I knew I had to emulate. The rest is history! :D
Very similar, i started with freshwater. new store in town had bio cubes setup and on display. the store owner burned me good at 16..

mww00ds

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing up my father kept both freshwater and saltwater tanks. I always loved watching the different fish and other creatures. I started with 20 gal freshwater/ turtle tank back in the earlier 2000's and still have it going except he's in a 65 gal now,. But always wanted to try a saltwater reef tank. Then in fall of 2021 I finally decided to take the plunge and jump into saltwater with a Fuval 13.5 and the rest is history.

Tytoshryke

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was 9 years old going to the movies with my mom at a mall in Miami, and next to the theatre was a store called aquarium depot. On the display window I saw a tiny little acrylic tank with the waterfall filter, a little light and a nemo. We went in and the rest is history.

Paulwizal23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started reefing after taking a trip to Florida. I went snorkeling and so the beauty of our ecosystem. Later on that day, I talked to the instructor. He continued to explain how big of a danger the Great Barrier Reef is in. So longgggggg conversation and sad story, I decided to start researching and learning about how they spawn, to the way the rat amd survive. I decide to buy all kinds of corals amd tanks. I would frag them and sell them to pet stores. I also knew a lady that would send some of my frags off to a foundation that would bring them into a coral farm in the actually ocean that they have till this day. There are coral farms all around the world to try and reproduce the coral animals. I love having a piece of that in my heart.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back