LC's 9th Anniversary Live Sale THREAD! 500+ WYSIWYG Corals, 100 Corals Listed Every Hour! 10AM PST/1PM EST, Saturday, January 28th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, these Island Time Zoas round up my top 3 faves in my tank right now.

20230128_132105.jpg

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a lovely zoa garden! And it looks like you love the blue and pink combos!

A little background info on Miami Vice Zoanthids: it was actually first named in 2009 by a reefer called RickyReef!

Thanks! And yes, Blue is my favorite! I also like the thick and stubby skirt on the Miami Vice zoas. :D Nice info!

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next 50 Corals are up!

10:30 Game Time!
Where’s Waldo Scavenger Hunt Event:

Randomly posted throughout the latest update is one of our dogs. They will be hidden among photos of other corals on the site. Take a screenshot and post it here on R2R, showing the item. The first to post gets to choose a code for $30!

You do not need to purchase the original coral to win the event coral. Purchasing the coral does not get you the scavenger hunt coral. If you've already won a coral from this event, please let others participate, and don't post the next ones.

Example: A photo of one of our dogs is underneath the product page for this Jawbreaker. Post a photo that's similar to either of these and you win!

1674865124897.png

1674865149771.png

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often will you be releasing new drops during the live sale?
There will be 50 drops every 30 minutes, including a new game to win codes to use during the sale as well!

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungidae are my weakness. You know i grabbed that
This one is really cool! It's more purple-hued than the regular JF Freak Hair. I picked it up as a frag from a show over 5 years ago and it kept its unique color tone.

OP
OP
Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another 30 minutes! The next update is live along with a new game

Coral Trivia!

I’ve been silently working on a Zoanthids Encylopedia to help reefers know all of the different Zoanthid morphs in the hobby. It’s also a place for me to share a little bit of my geeky knowledge about the story of how certain morphs got their name and the origins of their stories. If you know a bit of Zoanthid's history, you’ll probably win first!

So for this game, post below a photo and the name of which Zoanthid morph I’m referring to with this little excerpt from the Zoa ID Page:

“Named after the Japanese word for blue, these were first given their name by a pair of Caribbean collectors Juan-Carlos and Miami Luis”

Link to Zoanthids ID Encyclopedia:

1674932373307.png

Last edited:

FullFathomFive

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Trivia!

I’ve been silently working on a Zoanthids Encylopedia to help reefers know all of the different Zoanthid morphs in the hobby. It’s also a place for me to share a little bit of my geeky knowledge about the story of how certain morphs got their name and the origins of their stories. If you know a bit of Zoanthid's history, you’ll probably win first!

So for this game, post below a photo and the name of which Zoanthid morph I’m referring to with this little excerpt from the Zoa ID Page:

“Named after the Japanese word for blue, these were first given their name by a pair of Caribbean collectors Juan-Carlos and Miami Luis”

View attachment 2995129

WWC Aois Zoanthids​

Named after the Japanese word for blue, AOIs were first given their name by a pair of Caribbean collectors Juan-Carlos and Miami Luis. AOIs used to come in in various shades of blue from Caribbean shipments. However, most of the Caribbean zoanthid morphs don't do well in captivity and would melt away over time.

It wasn't until World Wide Corals began aqua-culturing their own more resilient strain that this morph began to see demand. World Wide Coral's strain was a much more bright blue and yellow color and proved to do well in captivity. We're not sure if it came from the Caribbeans like the original AOIs, but we're glad it isn't as difficult to keep.
  • Originator​

Juan-Carlos and Miami Luis, made famous again by World Wide Corals

Logank872

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Trivia!

View attachment 2995129
Blue deaths?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back