Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again everyone! Sorry to let you down but I took the pictures and in my rush to get things packed for out of town I forgot to take the SD card out of the camera and bring it with me :rolleyes: So FTS Mon/Tue I'm thinking.

Love your setup! I have a RSR 425 XL I'm upgrading to and this is an inspiration for sure. Quick question on your MP40 wiring: In your FTS, you can't see any wiring for the MP40 on the left. How have you managed to pull that off? Asking for a friend...
So for the most part I think it's just the angle the photo was taken and the reflection of the glass not showing you the outside cords of the mp40... Wish there was some magic trick but if there is I don't know it either lol. What I did do, however, is make a straight line across with the cord, and then it goes back behind the tank along the black seam, so all you see is the small amount of cord on the side. The only cord you can see in the FTS is the Octo 4 cord (and it's reflection) which unfortunately is attached to the motor and can't really be hidden. I've found a way to hide every single cord for this tank aside from the Octo 4 and it bugs me all the time!

How are you liking that Octopulse 4 I’m guessing?
Was considering 4 other for my new build. Tanks looking good!
The thing moves water unlike anything else I've ever tried. I know it says it's rated at 4500gph (same as a MP40 QD), however from my experience it moves double the water that the mp40's due. Super easy to clean/maintenance as well. Only cons are that the cord is connected to motor in the tank, and the controllability doesn't seem to work to well. It's either pushing out a ton of flow or no flow at all. The other speed settings don't seem to make much of a difference.

Highly recommend them for sps tanks though.

ajtomase

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I wait for the sump, I’ve been messing around with some aquascapes and think I finally landed on one I like. It’s hard to capture how it looks in a picture compared to in person where you can see the many points of view, however I tried my best. My basement lighting isn’t the brightest so that didn’t help things either. The top rocks are Marco Shelf Rock and the rest are extra rock a local reefer had after making his new scape.

Oh I also moved the tank to its final spot and removed the black background. Saw some other build threads where people did this and against white/lighter walls it looked really cool… So I went for it.

Why did you decide to go with MarcoRocks instead other products like CaribSea's Life Rocks? I love your aquascape A LOT!!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you decide to go with MarcoRocks instead other products like CaribSea's Life Rocks? I love your aquascape A LOT!!
Thanks! I live fairly close to BRS and so was fortunate enough (pre-covid) to go there and one of the workers brought out a bunch of Marco shelf rock that I was able to cherry pick from. I think the caribsea rock looks good, I was just able to see the Marco in person.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I have your level of motivation to keep the back wall that spotless!!! Looking gorgeous mate!
Thanks man. It's not as much work as you'd think. The trick is to not let it get too bad to begin with!

Great tank, Keenan!
Thanks, Sean. I'm sure you can spot a couple of your corals :cool: nem tank is doing great as well. Hope all is well on your end!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back