OP
JustinP.

JustinP.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I learned from my previous tank but I guess not… actually my previous tank had a pretty cool scape.

I’ve thought about trying to shift and move, but my rock work is basically one big rock unfortunately. It’s either glued or grouted together. Im just going to live with it. I’m sure it will grow on me once it starts filling out!
For sure!!! Corals are the answer lol

OP
OP
JustinP.

JustinP.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 10/12/2024: Equipment, wire management, and the cycle begins!

After about 10 days, I was able to add all of the equipment and wire manage everything with the help of coworker. (Thankfully he is much better at wire management than I will ever be lol).

The current equipment that I'm running includes:

1x Sicce Syncra SDC 3.0
2x Ecotech Marine MP10's
1x Ecotech Marine XR30 G6 PRO
1x Ecotech Marine Versa 4
1x Hydros Launch
1x Hydros XP8
1x Tunze Osmolator 3315
1x Avast Marine Plank

I am missing 3 pieces of equipment that will come later on in the build. These include

1x Hydros Maven
1x Reef Octopus Skimmer
1x Red Sea Reef Mat 500

I will probably get the Reef Mat 500 as soon as the cycle is complete. Unless of course, my pH is horribly low.

I do plan on keeping a true mixed reef, but with some torch and acropora dominance.

For now though, I will keep the lights off and let it do it's thing. I did add 18 caps of Microbacter Starter and 1 vial of bioclean and biodigest by prodibio. I also added about 40 drops of ammonia.

While these numbers are higher than the actual tank volume (i used a tank volume of 60 gallons) I wanted to ensure there was enough bacteria to seed the tank and really be able to have a healthy starter colony of beneficial bacteria.
1000108339.jpg
1000108335.jpg

1000108425.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back