Is This NAEFW (small black worms)?Please help me fix this

bluestorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I found out about this on July 4th. I am not sure is it definitely small black worms. There are different opinions about this matter. But I'm sure that the worms only appears on the bleached part(white part). I've been given cat drug twice.What baffles me is that there seem to be fewer worms,but it is not disappear. I cut the mother coral into broken branches. But I still found that the broken branches were STN on September 10th with a few small black worms.
What's more, my tank n0.2 p0.02, but the red slime algae last for 3 weeks. How could I fix it.
微信图片_20240911235851.jpg

微信图片_20240911235851.jpg
微信图片_20240911235855.png

Attachments

• WeChat_20240911235842.mp4
    3.4 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flatworm is obvious but on the right side of the picture, opposite of the area you circled.

Research potassium chloride treatments

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to identify from the pics unless I'm missing something but it looks like their work. I see the video and they appear to be moving pretty quick and I'm not sure if the new aefw can move that fast but maybe they can. A view with a scope or possibly a magnifying glass would help identify.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treatment options can be removing and dipping in potassium chloride (KCl) @2 tablespoons per gallon for 10-15 minutes once a week for 8-10 weeks. Or, making a KCl solution and draining the tank past any acropora and spraying with a mist...allow 15-20 minutes to soak and then refill the tank with the water taken out. Invermectin or fenbendazole are other options but come with their own problems for inverts or softies. The latter 3 will require your own research/judgement.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flatworm is obvious but on the right side of the picture, opposite of the area you circled.

Research potassium chloride treatments
I think that’s a shadow from the hanging tip. You wouldn’t be able to see corallites and polyps through a aefw.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t pull up the video and I don’t see any typical aefw flatworm damage/bite marks or eggs but those pics are not the best to determine anything imo. I just see a couple dark pods that are feasting on the bacteria created by the tissue recession.

OP
OP
B

bluestorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank u
Treatment options can be removing and dipping in potassium chloride (KCl) @2 tablespoons per gallon for 10-15 minutes once a week for 8-10 weeks. Or, making a KCl solution and draining the tank past any acropora and spraying with a mist...allow 15-20 minutes to soak and then refill the tank with the water taken out. Invermectin or fenbendazole are other options but come with their own problems for inverts or softies. The latter 3 will require your own research/judgement.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back