Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral QT set up but I was wondering what is your process before putting the frags on QT. I have been reading about Bayer dips for pest but bryopsis I don't believe would be killed by this. Thanks in advance.

I've done the Bayer dip with great success. Seems to kill most of the nasties while also being gentle on the coral. Not sure about bryopsis, however. Last time I battled that I had to resort to using Tech M.

Edit: Don't take my word for it, but look into peroxide for eradicating bryopsis. I believe @twilliard has experience using peroxide as a coral dip.

Volpone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 fishes from a reefer who said that he does qt for them ,its purple tang and blue hippo ,im noticing that the blue hippo showing 2 or 3 spot on his body now.im sure that my tank is free ich.
The question is what chance i have if i pull out the hippo and treat him ,should i go for 40 + days fishless in my main tank or take time for parasite to move for water ?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 fishes from a reefer who said that he does qt for them ,its purple tang and blue hippo ,im noticing that the blue hippo showing 2 or 3 spot on his body now.im sure that my tank is free ich.
The question is what chance i have if i pull out the hippo and treat him ,should i go for 40 + days fishless in my main tank or take time for parasite to move for water ?

If the Hippo has ich, then the whole tank has ich. After 3-7 days the parasite will drop off the fish to encyst upon rock, substrate, glass, equipment, etc. So, you would need to treat all of your fish in a QT and leave the DT fallow for 76 days in order to starve it out.

Volpone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my experience with fishes i had before , i notice some fishes in my old aquarium had ich ,i dont use to qt fishes .but the white spot doesn't spread for another fishes ,just i keep feeding them well and soak the food with garlic . Does this help to let the immune system stronger and doesn't effect by ich ?or one day will have ich outbreak ending up loosing fishes ?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my experience with fishes i had before , i notice some fishes in my old aquarium had ich ,i dont use to qt fishes .but the white spot doesn't spread for another fishes ,just i keep feeding them well and soak the food with garlic . Does this help to let the immune system stronger and doesn't effect by ich ?or one day will have ich outbreak ending up loosing fishes ?

It probably helps to boost the immune system to deal with ich. But the problem never completely goes away, and you are only one "stressor event" away from a catastrophe.

Top Shelf Aquatics

samba_dad

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a female leopard wrasse. I have always read these are very hard to keep. I have her in a 10G QT tank with a small tupperware container of sand that she seems to love to bury herself in already. She is in there with a yellow watchman goby. They both ate some LRS Reef Frenzy tonight just a few hours after purchase.

I know these wrasses seem to be particularly sensitive to meds. What would be the recommended treatment for these fish? Should I only do TTM and skip deworming with Prazipro?

@Humblefish

melypr1985

totally addicted
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a female leopard wrasse. I have always read these are very hard to keep. I have her in a 10G QT tank with a small tupperware container of sand that she seems to love to bury herself in already. She is in there with a yellow watchman goby. They both ate some LRS Reef Frenzy tonight just a few hours after purchase.

I know these wrasses seem to be particularly sensitive to meds. What would be the recommended treatment for these fish? Should I only do TTM and skip deworming with Prazipro?

@Humblefish

Dont skip the deworming... You can go with API general cure instead of prazi. I'll be doing this tonight with my blue star leopard wrasses.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont skip the deworming... You can go with API general cure instead of prazi. I'll be doing this tonight with my blue star leopard wrasses.

+1 Power praziquantel (as found in General Cure) is gentler on fish than liquid Prazipro. However, it's also probably not as effective - although I haven't had any problems with it thus far.

melypr1985

totally addicted
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nems usually get an empty QT with antibiotics and such. I'm no expert, but maybe we can get a few that know the particulars of the Nem QT.

[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AAF
Back