+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@

i can’t remember ….. have you started your tank yet ?
In the process of it, I had to go out of town this week but once I get back I'm going to be getting everything going

Nutramar Foods

KKY

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
120 gallon tank now has been 1 year, started with dry rock and dry sand, went through a lot of different issues like dino, cyano, algea bloom, coral stressing out with no reason, polycad flatworm, fish suddenly died…. Now things get a little on track, and has seen some growth in the arco frags. Hope it will be stable as my nano tanks

AS

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks are doing. . . OK? Meh.

SPS seem pretty happy, getting growth on the easy SPS, slow growth on the acros. . . LPS are hanging in there, but not seeing a ton of growth (accept for the galaxea, they are growing just fine). Leathers are doing fine with moderate growth.

need to balance my ATO or get a lid for one of the tanks to balance evaporation.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rusty_L_Shackleford

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just wondering how everyone's tank is doing. Are you seeing growth in it? Going through an ugly phase? or maybe you are just getting started on your tank. No wrong answers here!!
Overall, better than i expected. The tank is humming along nicely. Im in the fun part of the tank now where im stocking the tank with coral. Ive had no major issues so far. Everything is healthy and growing. I recently added a couple of sps test frags and theyre doing well even showing a little growth. I finally feel like its starting to look like a reef tank. So well in fact that my wife has decided we need a other tank, so were passively shopping for another tank so she can have anenomes. We almost came home with a used 30g cube setup yesterday but passed even though it was a great deal because it wasnt exactly what were looking for.

20230419_114621.jpg

Rusty_L_Shackleford

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before January, I would've said -- great!
Everything on auto-pilot and corals growing well.

Now, all my zoanthids are on a 3 month long, downward spiral that I can't figure out. DOH! (non-zoa soft corals still doing good though)
Ime zoas just do that sometimes. I have one that does great for awhile then will act ticked off for no reason for weeks a d then bounce back like nothing happened. All while the rest look great all the time.

90's reefer

Fight the Good Fight
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the rock on the frag rack idea!!! you have inspired me!
The cool thing about the nano rack is the flow hits the front glass and pushes the water under the rack/scape. It keeps detrius concentrated in one spot for easy removal.
Corals like it and the peppermint shrimp live under it.
Works well in the 80g too.

Salt Creep

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wrong answers huh…. :p

Tank has had water in it about a month. Have 13 fish, a nem, and about 20 SPS coral, a gold hammer, and orange plate. Everything is doing great. Not something I would really recommend though

33647045-6B91-4A70-AF61-6A67D803F8EF.jpeg

Last edited:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My existing corals are doing fine.

I did a partial aquascape/removal of mushrooms in February. I got a bit of red cyano growth on my sandbed that is still lingering from the disturbance. Every other week I do a wc, either siphoning out lingering mushrooms or cyano. Slowly making headway on the mushroom eradication.

I was due to add new snails and a pair of peppermint shrimp for aiptasia management, so I did an online order and went crazy with a few new corals. They have been in a frag rack for a couple of weeks and wanting to place some, but still need to eradicate some mushrooms.

My pair of clowns who were upset from the aquascaping are now fully settled in my frammer colony, no egg laying yet, but the male is working surfaces again.

AquaCave Logo Banner

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most everything is ok. It's always something though. The last problem that I resolved was Aiptasia. Before that it was hair algae and Cyano. Now my system for some reason has decided to suddenly process nitrogen and phosphate too well. I'm struggling to put enough fish in it and feed them enough to maintain detectible nitrates and phosphates. And for one of those "Brag Complaints"... My Zoas are just out of control!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wrong answers huh…. :p

Tank has had water in it about a month. Have 13 fish, a nem, and about 20 SPS coral, a gold hammer, and orange plate. Everything is doing great. Not something I would really recommend though

View attachment 3117529
Great looking tank!! Also love the art you have behind the tank too!!

marcosnano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no fish in tank, I'm at week 3 of 6 weeks of fallow period for brook. I'm enjoying corals right now and buying some new.

I had terrible dino outbreak 10 days ago and I did 4 days black out and so far it looks good. I am adding some amonia every few days so I maintain nitrates 5-10ppm.

I see only 1 rock has small bubbles on it, looks like tiny dinos, so I'm planing to take out that rock and put it in dark, in plastic bucket with saltwater in for 4-5 days.

Overal I'm happy with tank but can't wait to add some clowns.

AquaCave Logo Banner

McPuff

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing really well after nearly 2 years of sub-optimal conditions/health. Took a long time to recover but seems to be great now. This is good because with spring finally arriving I'll be outside a lot more and working on the tank a lot less. Summer months are generally for maintaining and no [big] projects. But we'll see. I have a couple of ideas.

Manc57

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall fairly happy with current state. Cycled early September 2022. Able to grow some LPS, some easy SPS and zoas are doing decent for me. Starting to look like a reef tank imo. Fighting a bit of cyano, but manageable. Current FTS..:)

Attachments

• FTS April 23.jpg
    FTS April 23.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 5
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back