Help! New seahorses acting weird!!!

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I really need help here…I received some seahorses a few minutes ago and upon opening, all the seahorses are acting SUPER weird. I almost thought a few were doa. They aren’t moving, just at the top clinging to each other….should I just wait it out? Is this normal?
*sorry for the bad picture, I didn’t want to turn the lights on, to stress them out more.*
IMG_7774.jpeg

Tiny Bubbles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! I hope they're doing better.
Hopefully they just need to perk up after being in shipping conditions. Do you know how long they were in shipping? When I've received them after being shipped, they have perked up after maybe an hour or so in their new tank, assuming the water parameters are in the range for that species.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I lost 2…a few others still look off, but most of them look better.
IMG_7780.jpeg
A clean tank and good filtration is a must cleaning filters frequently. Best foods are baby brine and rotifiers. Check for heavy breathing, slime and cloudy eyes which are signs of bacteria
salinity 1.022 - 1.023 and temp 72-75

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clean tank and good filtration is a must cleaning filters frequently. Best foods are baby brine and rotifiers. Check for heavy breathing, slime and cloudy eyes which are signs of bacteria
salinity 1.022 - 1.023 and temp 72-75
I know the tank looks super dirty, but it’s not, I do weekly water changes, and clean the filter weekly. I hatch baby brine shrimp daily….I’ll be sure to watch for heavy breathing and cloudy eyes.

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I checked on them this morning and 2 more had passed, so a total of 4…I know they are wild caught, would that have something to do with it?

Tiny Bubbles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang! I'm sorry to hear that.
I've never had wild caught ones, so I'm not sure if that plays a part, but it seems like it makes sense that i could be related.
Since they are wild caught, I assume there is no live arrival guarantee?

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang! I'm sorry to hear that.
I've never had wild caught ones, so I'm not sure if that plays a part, but it seems like it makes sense that i could be related.
Since they are wild caught, I assume there is no live arrival guarantee?
I believe there was live arrival guarantee, but nothing past that…I did try contacting the seller for help, but they never responded.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back