Grouper floating belly up but still alive and well

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be floating belly up but still alive and well (he tried to eat my net)

IT seems that he isn't going down without a fight and neither will I give up on him so any treatments I could do or try?

It either seems to be bloating, constipation, or swelling because of having the gauge swallowed previously

This morning I also did a methylene blue aswell as malachite green and acriflavine bath for 10 to 15 minutes

IMG_20240906_160602.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be floating belly up but still alive and well (he tried to eat my net)

IT seems that he isn't going down without a fight and neither will I give up on him so any treatments I could do or try?

It either seems to be bloating, constipation, or swelling because of having the gauge swallowed previously

This morning I also did a methylene blue aswell as malachite green and acriflavine bath for 10 to 15 minutes

IMG_20240906_160602.jpg

Sorry - there really isn’t any treatment for unknown internal issues. Baths won’t help.
If it was a result of an infection, medicated food could be used, but again, there is no way to know what to treat for, sorry.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Methelyene and malachite works for freshwater and this fish appears to be moribund and will likely not eat or swim normal moving forward

OP
OP
HAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - there really isn’t any treatment for unknown internal issues. Baths won’t help.
If it was a result of an infection, medicated food could be used, but again, there is no way to know what to treat for, sorry.
Thank you for taking your time, if there's no hope I just pellets soaked malachite green and acriflavine and injected it into a anchovy and fed the grouper (he ate it like a champ) if he wasn't going to eat i was going to inject the acriflavine into the dorsal muscles and just hope for the best

Tomorrow my seachem neoplex is coming up and I'll start using that in a quarantine

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for taking your time, if there's no hope I just pellets soaked malachite green and acriflavine and injected it into a anchovy and fed the grouper (he ate it like a champ) if he wasn't going to eat i was going to inject the acriflavine into the dorsal muscles and just hope for the best

Tomorrow my seachem neoplex is coming up and I'll start using that in a quarantine
Please do not inject medications like these into food - they will not be effective, and could be toxic. I agree that a trial of antibiotics is warranted!! (ie. the neomycin)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh - malachite green or acriflavine should never be used orally! Where did you here about doing that?

OP
OP
HAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh - malachite green or acriflavine should never be used orally! Where did you here about doing that?
I think i read about a website in which someone did but I can't seem to find that website

But sadly my grouper passed away last night

I saw him not moving with the net in his mouth again

I did a close examination and his esophagus was really swollen i can't help but wonder if there was anything I could do for him but thank you for your time and help

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think i read about a website in which someone did but I can't seem to find that website

But sadly my grouper passed away last night

I saw him not moving with the net in his mouth again

I did a close examination and his esophagus was really swollen i can't help but wonder if there was anything I could do for him but thank you for your time and help
Sorry to hear it. Watch for any potential illness in your fish left (I don't remember if the grouper was alone)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back