Forget about the Redfield Ratio, what about the R2R MRS Ratio?

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this hobby, people constantly worry about various parameters for a successful reef. Many folks "chase numbers" trying to get the highest pH, stable alk/ca, perfect N : P (Redfield) ratio, lighting program, flow patterns, etc. As for me, I'm more concerned about my R2R Messages:Reaction Score ratio (aka MRS)! Currently, I have 1,816 messages with only 2,146 reaction scores, getting close to 1:1 ratio. I saw people with 1:4 MRS ratio. In fact -- saw someone with a whopping 1:10 MRS - wow!!! Is that even possible, legal?

So, what if I reach parity of 1:1 MRS? Am I less "popular" and my account will be suspended? Should I stop responding to posts? Can I buy more "Reaction Scores" from the R2R store? Perhaps hoping someone can frag some MRS from their colonies?

p.s. I'll leave up to you & your imagination on how to interpret the "MRS" references above ;)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh. Is this a thing?

Parents Day Im Not Ready GIF by BuzzFeed

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's funny to me is that my MRS rating score here is about exactly opposite of my Mrs rating score at home.
My reaction score at home is in the red, negative! Suffice to say that I spend more time at the bar than home… lol

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In this hobby, people constantly worry about various parameters for a successful reef. Many folks "chase numbers" trying to get the highest pH, stable alk/ca, perfect N : P (Redfield) ratio, lighting program, flow patterns, etc. As for me, I'm more concerned about my R2R Messages:Reaction Score ratio (aka MRS)! Currently, I have 1,816 messages with only 2,146 reaction scores, getting close to 1:1 ratio. I saw people with 1:4 MRS ratio. In fact -- saw someone with a whopping 1:10 MRS - wow!!! Is that even possible, legal?

So, what if I reach parity of 1:1 MRS? Am I less "popular" and my account will be suspended? Should I stop responding to posts? Can I buy more "Reaction Scores" from the R2R store? Perhaps hoping someone can frag some MRS from their colonies?

p.s. I'll leave up to you & your imagination on how to interpret the "MRS" references above ;)

Uh oh, breaking rule #1 of MRS club

brad pitt idgaf GIF by O&O, Inc

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just be thankful you're dealing with that issue here where reactions are meaningless and not on r/Reef tank where members have the ability to also downvote posts, leading to shadow bans. Criticize a tang in a 20g tank with a powder tang. Shadow ban

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be thankful you're dealing with that issue here where reactions are meaningless and not on r/Reef tank where members have the ability to also downvote posts, leading to shadow bans. Criticize a tang in a 20g tank with a powder tang. Shadow ban
Well, I operate under the “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” adage. Offering constructive criticism is always welcomed in my book. I’m glad R2R doesn’t have those “Negative Reaction Scores” — I’ll be banned a long time ago! lol

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm…. Is this a thing?
YES — “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.” law of propaganda. Our politicians got this process down to a science. Some are born with it! :)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re “one of those” guys I’m super envious about at 1:5!!! Nice
I just participate when I can. Also on the welcoming team (which I am way behind on right now). But I didn’t know that anyone really looks at those, or uses them as a gauge for anything.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back