Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok your wish is my command. I'm starting out from the beginning. so here we start with two parts Jet style venturi and then injector style venturi.
I will do a conclusion a video as a final part after all the testing videos are compiled into one. Enjoy and don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel. be the first to watch them before I post to R2R.

part two
Nice venturi designs. I made one similar to the first model you showed with PVC for my skimmer. I will eventually make some videos on what I am using. Thanks for sharing.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice venturi designs. I made one similar to the first model you showed with PVC for my skimmer. I will eventually make some videos on what I am using. Thanks for sharing.
So Alex. Which needle wheel ended up working better your open face or the other one?
Also they make a dct 20,000 if you need more and then the sine wave pumps are even better.

After looking at your videos I think I will make a recirculating pump and make a needle wheel. Then use my current pump as a feed pump. The venturi's I made worked great and would work on the modified skimmer but the refined bubbles with your DIY needle wheel is where its at.

I looked through your tank thread too. NICE!

AlexG

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Alex. Which needle wheel ended up working better your open face or the other one?
Also they make a dct 20,000 if you need more and then the sine wave pumps are even better.

After looking at your videos I think I will make a recirculating pump and make a needle wheel. Then use my current pump as a feed pump. The venturi's I made worked great and would work on the modified skimmer but the refined bubbles with your DIY needle wheel is where its at.

I looked through your tank thread too. NICE!

Its funny that you ask which needle wheel performs better. Late this week or early next week I will be releasing videos related to this topic. I can say that there will be a showdown. I try to keep my build thread updated with my videos but I think I will make a new thread for the DIY needle wheel impellers once this next video is released.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny that you ask which needle wheel performs better. Late this week or early next week I will be releasing videos related to this topic. I can say that there will be a showdown. I try to keep my build thread updated with my videos but I think I will make a new thread for the DIY needle wheel impellers once this next video is released.
So your saving it for the video?? Guess I'll wait.

I have a thread link below you will find interesing. I used phone shield and built a tank base and sump with wood.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way found these

https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?...MItJypsPXz2AIV0oZ-Ch3RogU0EAQYAiABEgL-N_D_BwE

2109F8F8-0BE4-4824-AC6A-CFD40551394B.png

Nutramar Foods

AlexG

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn’t a pump work that has a fitting to make it into a venturi? I know Maxi Jet pumps come with a fitting to do this not sure how reliable those pumps are but they are cheap.
Yes. I'm working on testing a dc pump by changing out the impeller for a needle wheel and the yes you can use a similar DIY venturi.
Alex G made a nice one for his 1600 system and should be putting out a video today I believe.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this guy some time ago. He 3D prints a whole kit. I like making stuff myself but it seems interesting for o my 35 bucks.

Not trying or sponsoring this link just thought it was interesting.
http://dluphoto.synology.me/impeller/

AlexG

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saving it for the video?? Guess I'll wait.

I have a thread link below you will find interesing. I used phone shield and built a tank base and sump with wood.
I found this guy some time ago. He 3D prints a whole kit. I like making stuff myself but it seems interesting for o my 35 bucks.

Not trying or sponsoring this link just thought it was interesting.
http://dluphoto.synology.me/impeller/

These do look interesting. I feel the same way on building stuff myself though. I had a lot of fund building my needle wheels and venturi fittings.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about how much would it cost to make a skimmer out of a plastic tote?
$30 for tote, pc parts, and tube for air to venturi. Then however you get water there. You can recalculate and feed or feed with pump and venturi.

I think I have enough parts to make one and try it out for you.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$30 for tote, pc parts, and tube for air to venturi. Then however you get water there. You can recalculate and feed or feed with pump and venturi.

I think I have enough parts to make one and try it out for you.

Ok
Cool and we get another video score

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back