Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Owning some breeds of dogs, like Pit Bulls or Rottweilers is far more dangerous.
This is total BS. Having ignorant people that do not know how to train a dog own rotties and pits or any other breed for that matter is the danger not the dogs. I have owned both and they have zero aggression as do all of my dogs because I train them to not be aggressive. The little girl in my avatar is 49% Staffordshire terrier and 19% American Pitbull terrier along with some German shepherd. I can walk her into a nursing home and she'll climb up in bed and lay down with a resident that is on a ventilator and sleep with them. So sorry Pitbull's and Rottweilers are not dangerous dogs, Darn Chihuahuas can be mean and I've been bitten worse by a cat than any dog. Sorry for ranting but blanket statements like yours about dog breeds is just incorrect.

Last edited:

Daddio64

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the reef hobby in 2000 took a hiatus 2015 till last year and reset things up my kids are 16, 18 and 20. I did do aggressive freshwater when I was younger. It was a lot harder to do research I think I could Yahoo back then but it was more reliable to buy a book back. They're all alive with relatively no damage from their parents or my tank. My 20 something neice said the other day that it was one of her fond memories as she was growing up. So be careful do a little research and enjoy the hobby.

AS
OP
OP
J

JFinlay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using all live rocks in your setup. Then your expense will triple jump :) I always tell people, you need to have lots of patient in this hobby and do thing slowly. One of the reason is we have to save up the money to increase the purchasing power ;)
Yup, 20 lb of live rock was used. It’s good stuff, but man 20lb does not go a long way. My “aquascape” looks sad, will be one of my first additional purchases. More. Rock.

Daddio64

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, 20 lb of live rock was used. It’s good stuff, but man 20lb does not go a long way. My “aquascape” looks sad, will be one of my first additional purchases. More. Rock.
20lbs is plenty to seed any dead rock you put in. Save a couple bucks for A coral.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should start a build thread!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Owning some breeds of dogs, like Pit Bulls or Rottweilers is far more dangerous. As a physician, I see every year, few patients badly bitten by dogs, so far never seen anyone bitten by goby or poisoned by palytoxin.
I would have to disagree as I own both breeds and trust them more than what could be going on in my tank. Again, all comes down to responsibility.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to disagree as I own both breeds and trust them more than what could be going on in my tank. Again, all comes down to responsibility.
You're missing his point entirely.

Nutramar Foods

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started one yesterday! About to update it now
Get your badge!

OP
OP
J

JFinlay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get your badge!
Thank you! Just edited

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Pacific East
Back