• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry's Acan Grow Out - subdivide part 2

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I am glad to announce that the latter part of the Cherry's acan grow out has arrived at my house and is now relocated in my tank! The package arrived from Tysen yesterday at 10:37 am and was immediately unboxed, floated for temperature, drip acclimated, dipped in Lugols Iodine, and then placed on the sand bed of my 120 gallon LPS dominant reef lit by Tek T5's.

The package I received from Tysen was packaged ok, there was roughly 1/2 cup of water in each bag max, but all the acans were fully inflated and showed great colors. As soon as they were placed on the sand bed they put their feeders out, which is a great response. I plan to feed them Fauna Marin LPS pellets tonight. (Please note in the packaging picture the majority of the bags were from a seperate purchase of SPS from Tysen...not all are full of acans).

As for what was received, the bags were not labeled. I also only received four mini colonies, which I thought was incorrect. I text Brad (hosting the other subdivide) and he pointed out that in the original thread on page 29, post 287 there were five frags listed. I have no clue what happened to the fifth frag. Brad has 31 pieces (which constitutes all original pieces) and I only have four. Tysen said he shipped everything out, but dealing with him has been a major difficulty. I am not sure what to do concerning this last mysterious piece. He said some from Sexy Corals died, but that was not from this purchase.

As for the acans, they are looking very fat and healthy. Here are some initial pictures from unpacking and after acclimation on the sandbed. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, opinions, or anything else they want to voice. I am all ears and all emails are automatically forwarded to my phone.

I am super excited for these to continue growing out so everyone can get a cut of these amazing pieces! Enjoy!

Robert

hall1.jpg

hall2.jpg

hall6.jpg

hall3.jpg

hall4.jpg

hall5.jpg

Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. well for one thing we need to pay for the shipping cost right?

That is correct zero. Shipping costs for everyone came to over $55, but to make it easy we will call it an even $50.

Also, a quick update. All the acans are doing wonderfully! I have them located on the sand bed still where they are receiving low to medium light from my 6 bulb T5 unit and medium "under current/drag" from my MP 40's. They inflate fully everyday, have feeders out constantly :D, and catch pieces of mysis, brine, rods, etc and also eat Fauna Marin LPS pellets voraciously!

Pics to follow in a couple days. No new growth noted yet, but excellent colors and PE!

Thanks everyone!

Robert

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, for all those that were in this grow out I need to collect for the shipping fee. I do not remember how many there were total, but the shipping fee (as stated above) will be $50 for the group.

My paypal address is [email protected] so please send your portion of the shipping fee to that address.

As for the acans, they are doing superbly! I feed them 2-3 times weekly with an assortment of Fauna Marin LPS pellets, mysis, brine, and some fresh chunks of scallops. They readily devour anything and everything they can catch! Colors are becoming more pronounced and vibrant as well. I will upload some new photos of them tomorrow. :D

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is that $10 each? I don't remember who is in this one either. I only remember which one i'm in.

That would be correct if there are 5 included in this grow out. I will have to go through the original thread to find out who all constitutes this sub portion. I vaguely remember there being a summarized list with the names of everyone and their respective grow out purchases.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! What is the pink/yellow one? Good luck with the rest of the grow out!

To be quite honest I have no idea what the names are. They were shipped to me unlabeled and one that was in the grow out even went Mia. And thanks for the luck! :D I'm hoping for quick growth so I can get these out to everyone ASAP!

OP
OP
B

brannock_16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of cherrys acan growout is this though? If we dont know what acans these are hen how are we going to know who is in this?

This is one of the very last additions to the grow out. I only entered the grow out towards the latter stages so know it was one of the later additions.

I will start digging through the original grow out thread to find the exact list of names of those involved.

Avast

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
GHL Advanced Technology
Back