OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Desjardini and the Blue tangs are going to be a little large for that tank.. The purple should go in last of the tangs,
The blue throat Fairy should be the very last wrasse that going into that tank, small one if you can get it.
Yeap the purple tank will be the last ones to go in.
I’m hoping I can keep the blue and desj because I’ll get the ones on the smaller side.
I didn’t really have any option and had to add the blue throated wrasse early, after I already had the Coris, cleaner and ornate leopard as there was only one available and I knew that the lfs will not be getting anymore shipments from that region in awhile. But he’s been behaving very well. And he’s kinda small as well, so not that big of an issue yet.

I’ve heard that keeping other flasher and or fairy wrasse with him will help keep his colours nice and bright as he flashes with them, but in this list I don’t have any such fish, so you think it will be too big of a problem and I’ll his colours? Should I add any flasher or fairy wrasse as well? If so which ones would you suggest?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a mirror and put it on the tank twice a week or so for 30-60 mins. That will get all the blood circulate in your fishes in the tank.
Doing this I don’t have to worry about color lost in my fish

IMG_4642.jpeg

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo I’ll try that then! I used to do it with my flowerhorn as well haha

I’m sorry to bother you again but is there any other way to keep the colours? By that I mean is there any other fish I can keep which will make him flash so that the colour stays? Because I’m out of the country a few times a year so I have someone come back and feed the fish, they won’t be able to do that all the time.

I’m sorry I’m giving you guys so much trouble

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I see, well when I started this tank I didn’t follow what most people say about leopards and added the ornate which turned out well, maybe because I was lucky. Then I’ll wait and add the chaoti after some time or are there any other types of leopard wrasses that I can keep which are a little easier?
So, Ornatus, Meleagris, Bipartitus are all easier species of leopard then slightly more difficult are Kuiteri, Negrosensis and Moyeri although these are still fairly easy species.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo I’ll try that then! I used to do it with my flowerhorn as well haha

I’m sorry to bother you again but is there any other way to keep the colours? By that I mean is there any other fish I can keep which will make him flash so that the colour stays? Because I’m out of the country a few times a year so I have someone come back and feed the fish, they won’t be able to do that all the time.

I’m sorry I’m giving you guys so much trouble
Honestly most other Flasher and Fairy Wrasses will get them to keep their colouration vibrant and happy :)

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly most other Flasher and Fairy Wrasses will get them to keep their colouration vibrant and happy :)
I wanted a McCosker’s but I believe that won’t go well with the blue throated. So can you please suggest some wrasses that will go well with this fish, then I may get that

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also thought of getting a Naoko wrasse but heard that won’t go well with him either :/
If I’m honest, in a 5 foot tank a naokoae may just work out. I believe OrionN has or had a naoko with his.

Other species that should work include…

Cirrhilabrus;
Temminickii - Teminick’s Fairy
Finifenmaa - Rosey Scale Fairy
Lineatus - Linear Fairy
Laboutei - Laboute’s Fairy
Pylei - Pyle’s Fairy
Briangreenei - Latigo Fairy
Melanomarginatus - Blackfin Fairy
Scottorum - Scott’s Fairy
Katoi - Kato’s Fairy
Aquamarinus - Red Head Fairy
Solorensis - Solar Fairy
Lutteovittatus - Yellow Band Fairy

Paracheilinus:
Octotaenia - 8-Line Flasher
Attenuatus - Diamond Tail Flasher
Rubricaudalis - Red Fin Flasher (Dependant on the personality of the specimen - mine is almost king of the tank and mixed with a couple of the Cirrhilabrus above).

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get the naoko on hand, do you think with the tangs and some of the other wrasses, as well as the two groups of schooling fish I’ll be able to pull it off? More importantly it will cause the blue throated wrasse to flash at him thus keeping both of their colours vibrant right? That should also work with all the other wrasses you gave in the list right? Then the naoko will most likely be my first choice, or else I’ll get one from here as all these wrasses are also beautiful!

TIA

I PROMISE THIS WAS THE LAST QUESTION

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME SUCH A BIG LIST OF FISH!!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back