Blue Christmas: What didn’t Santa bring?

BRS

What was the main thing that you were hoping for, but didn’t Santa bring?

• Reef equipment

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • Corals

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Gift cards

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 34 17.5%

• Total voters

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With two 6 week old babies, Christmas was rather non-existent this year lol

Typically my wife and I just buy what we want during the year and don't have much to gift at Christmas. Guess with kids now, it'll be more fun / meaningful :p

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With two 6 week old babies, Christmas was rather non-existent this year lol

Typically my wife and I just buy what we want during the year and don't have much to gift at Christmas. Guess with kids now, it'll be more fun / meaningful :p
Congrats! It's definitely more fun with kiddos. :)

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! It's definitely more fun with kiddos. :)

Yeah we also just moved back to the Austin area and our other house is under contract with a lot of our furniture still there for staging.

So the house feels a bit empty. We were going to get a real tree for the babies, first Christmas, but ended up just getting a small fake one off of Amazon since it's hard to go tree shopping with two tiny babies.

Just an inside view to our current lives, the tree was 3/4 fluffed and two ornaments got on to the tree, no lights HAHA

Hopefully we'll be more settled next year...

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we also just moved back to the Austin area and our other house is under contract with a lot of our furniture still there for staging.

So the house feels a bit empty. We were going to get a real tree for the babies, first Christmas, but ended up just getting a small fake one off of Amazon since it's hard to go tree shopping with two tiny babies.

Just an inside view to our current lives, the tree was 3/4 fluffed and two ornaments got on to the tree, no lights HAHA

Well, 6 weeks after I had my son I completely forgot my own birthday (and that was just ONE baby), so I'd probably struggle dealing with Christmas decorating as well if he was born close to it, lol! You made an effort at least! :grinning-face-with-sweat: And the babies don't know any different, haha. My dad always got real trees when we were kids - it's fun when they're old enough to go pick them out with you. I've found that my 8 year old doesn't care either way, which is good because I had total holiday mom-fail this year and didn't even get the tree and decorations up until last Wednesday... :face-with-rolling-eyes: The dogs are more interested in the tree than he is though, lol. Kids are funny.

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, 6 weeks after I had my son I completely forgot my own birthday (and that was just ONE baby), so I'd probably struggle dealing with Christmas decorating as well if he was born close to it, lol! You made an effort at least! :grinning-face-with-sweat: And the babies don't know any different, haha. My dad always got real trees when we were kids - it's fun when they're old enough to go pick them out with you. I've found that my 8 year old doesn't care either way, which is good because I had total holiday mom-fail this year and didn't even get the tree and decorations up until last Wednesday... :face-with-rolling-eyes: The dogs are more interested in the tree than he is though, lol. Kids are funny.

Wow OK it's just not us then!

My wife is trying to plan some trips and I'm like they're going to have no idea whatever we do lol

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow OK it's just not us then!

My wife is trying to plan some trips and I'm like they're going to have no idea whatever we do lol
DEFINITELY not just you guys, lol. I tried not to travel much with my son when he was a baby/toddler. They just require too much stuff to bring along, and you have to work everything around nap schedule/feeding schedule... The first time we even flew to visit family with our kid was after he was 3. We also skipped a family trip to Disney a few years ago because I know he wouldn't really remember it, and I wasn't about to drop $5K for him to ride some little kid rides and forget the whole thing later, lol. My parents took us to Disney when I was 6 and I don't remember anything but being traumatized by the Snow White ride... :grinning-squinting-face: We went again when I was 15 or 16 though and that was a lot of fun! I'm your typical mom that loves to give the kids fun experiences and all, but when they're really small, most of it is honestly for the adults in my opinion. Case in point - my son has sat on Santa's lap at the mall only 2 times... I wanted that picture, but he hated it. You kind of just learn what your kids like as you go, lol. Hopefully your babies will be the chill type who will just go with the flow, whatever you guys want to go do!

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DEFINITELY not just you guys, lol. I tried not to travel much with my son when he was a baby/toddler. They just require too much stuff to bring along, and you have to work everything around nap schedule/feeding schedule... The first time we even flew to visit family with our kid was after he was 3. We also skipped a family trip to Disney a few years ago because I know he wouldn't really remember it, and I wasn't about to drop $5K for him to ride some little kid rides and forget the whole thing later, lol. My parents took us to Disney when I was 6 and I don't remember anything but being traumatized by the Snow White ride... :grinning-squinting-face: We went again when I was 15 or 16 though and that was a lot of fun! I'm your typical mom that loves to give the kids fun experiences and all, but when they're really small, most of it is honestly for the adults in my opinion. Case in point - my son has sat on Santa's lap at the mall only 2 times... I wanted that picture, but he hated it. You kind of just learn what your kids like as you go, lol. Hopefully your babies will be the chill type who will just go with the flow, whatever you guys want to go do!

LOL

Yeah we went to Disney (FL and CA) a few times over the years we've been together and it seemed fun as an adult... but to pay (after they're two) for small children seems silly. We thought about going to Mexico for our 15th anv next year or also possibly driving to Vegas (we got married at the Wynn).

I kind of like the idea of driving, since we'll have a car, car seats, can take all the other junk and don't have to go on a plane. Also have some family in Vegas, so maybe we'll get a meal to ourselves.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

Yeah we went to Disney (FL and CA) a few times over the years we've been together and it seemed fun as an adult... but to pay (after they're two) for small children seems silly. We thought about going to Mexico for our 15th anv next year or also possibly driving to Vegas (we got married at the Wynn).

I kind of like the idea of driving, since we'll have a car, car seats, can take all the other junk and don't have to go on a plane. Also have some family in Vegas, so maybe we'll get a meal to ourselves.
Driving would definitely be easier than flying in my opinion, but I know other people who think flying is easier with little ones, lol. After hauling luggage and a carseat through airports, I beg to differ. But yeah, sounds like you'd have some built in babysitters if you go to Vegas, so that may be a deciding factor. :grinning-face-with-sweat:
vegas.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been away for a few days. I have been catching up and just now came across this. Sad that the focus is on what you personally did not recieve over the holiday. I guess some people can no longer appreciate what they have and focus more on what they can give or do to help to others. Sad. :crying-face:

amygetsalife

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa and I made a plan to delay my reef requests until late February when I go for business to Orlando again. Lady time I hit WWC but this year I might try finding a hidden gem of a smaller shop with in Orlando, or on my way back to Virginia. I'm open to suggestions!

amygetsalife

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the fact that I recently just lost two family members just before Christmas this year , one right after thanksgiving and the other a few days ago and both were relatively young I would have to say waking up Christmas Day was the best gift I could have needed .
I am so sorry for your losses. Christmas isn't always a happy time. I'm sure it's been difficult. Here's to many more wakeful mornings for you.

amygetsalife

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been away for a few days. I have been catching up and just now came across this. Sad that the focus is on what you personally did not recieve over the holiday. I guess some people can no longer appreciate what they have and focus more on what they can give or do to help to others. Sad. :crying-face:
Well, if the question asked what we gave or did for others, I'm certain the answers would be different and still wonderful. We're just answering the question. My best gifts were time with my family, taking time off from my business to be with them, and my salvation through Jesus. But now I'm hijacking the thread by going off topic....

amygetsalife

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Twin newborns, a move and at Christmas too? Y'all are awesome! Cut yourself plenty of slack, they won't remember any way. The best gift you can give them is two happy, loving, and fulfilled parents. Mom of three teens now and we've had more trees put up the week of Christmas than any earlier. This year my kids and my mom put it up!

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twin newborns, a move and at Christmas too? Y'all are awesome! Cut yourself plenty of slack, they won't remember any way. The best gift you can give them is two happy, loving, and fulfilled parents. Mom of three teens now and we've had more trees put up the week of Christmas than any earlier. This year my kids and my mom put it up!

Haha, yeah they're finally only waking up once a night, but seem to not want to nap during the day.

Have all sorts of bouncers (cheap and expensive motion ones), and nothing is helping...

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing reef related at all, wife got me a new yeti with my name and the cubs logo laser engraved and a couple cubs wall art items from etsy! This is a cubbies household! I in turn got her a couple pairs of hey dudes, a notre dame hoodie, nd pajama set, and a nd apple watch band. Like most if we need anything we just go get it. For those of you with the young kids enjoy it while it lasts because as they get older the price of christmas just keeps going up! I remember when $300 would keep her opening gifts for 45 minutes, now it takes over $1000 just to get something she won’t be bored with in 5 minutes!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back