Blue Christmas: What didn’t Santa bring?

BRS

What was the main thing that you were hoping for, but didn’t Santa bring?

• Reef equipment

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • Corals

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Gift cards

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 34 17.5%

• Total voters

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cough syrup (everything's been sold out for months)...
I mix my own blend. It doesn't do much for the cough but is sooths the throat and after a few glasses I don't care if I am coughing so much!

I just got a new light and the power supply was in another box that came from the same shipment. For a few minutes this moring I though that I must have ordered a light w/o a power supply and I was cursing myself for being so careless to have not ordered it. Then I remembered the other box (had a couple of Gyres) and a power supply that I thought was for the Gyres until I reread the box. So happy it was all here.

But I will note that a glass of cough syrup was handy but not needed for this unboxing even. The new light looks very nice over her fish tank! I think the fish are wondering why the light is so bright but it turns out you need a really bright light for a fish tank if you want to slip a few corals in it. :)

CoralB

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the fact that I recently just lost two family members just before Christmas this year , one right after thanksgiving and the other a few days ago and both were relatively young I would have to say waking up Christmas Day was the best gift I could have needed .

BuddyBonButt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the fact that I recently just lost two family members just before Christmas this year , one right after thanksgiving and the other a few days ago and both were relatively young I would have to say waking up Christmas Day was the best gift I could have needed .
dang, sorry guy.

jabberwock

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palm bay Florida. Lfs sells them $10. Super clean place. Been going there a year.
Yeah, a little closer to the gulf coast. I love my LFS, I am lucky to have 4 to choose from. And "Elvis", the new Neon Goby is settling in just perfectly!

BuddyBonButt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, a little closer to the gulf coast. I love my LFS, I am lucky to have 4 to choose from. And "Elvis", the new Neon Goby is settling in just perfect!
That's awesome to hear! I do love my little goby. He's behaving with my YWG so all is good.

DannoOMG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have asked for peppermint shrimp lol !!! :cool:
13 gallon tank. I have a skunk cleaner shrimp. When I got a peppermint shrimp the skunk would chase him off and he was eating aiptasia too. Peppermint died a few weeks later. I might have to trade in my skunk for a peppermint.

*edit* I can't believe I answered a joke.

Last edited:

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter told me she bought me some $200 zoas and kept them safe in her closet for the last week or so.
She was joking, but she didn't tell me that until I looked like I was going to throw up.

Last edited:

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter told me she bought me some $200 zoas and kept them safe in her closet for the last week or so.
She was just joking, but she didn't tell me that until I looked like I was going to throw up.
Hahaha! Now that's a sign of someone raising a well-rounded kid!

rc8t6353

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent the family my brs wishlist. And they came thru this year. No socks!! Lol

Attachments

• PXL_20221225_182644595.jpg
    PXL_20221225_182644595.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 20

rc8t6353

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent the family my brs wishlist. And they came thru this year. No socks!! Lol
Lol , disregard the pair of socks in the pic. My daughter's ferret likes to hide stuff and I had just found them!

LPS Bum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Christmas: What didn’t Santa bring?

Did you end up with nice Christmas presents but not THE present? When you said socks, did they not realize you meant filter socks? Were you hoping for a new LED light for your reef tank, another add-on for your controller, or maybe a gift card to your favorite coral vendor? The new Hanna Marine Monitor was just introduced – was that on your list? After all the presents were opened, did you notice that there was something that Santa didn’t bring for your reef tank that was on your list? Let’s talk about what you are still hoping for (maybe Santa’s running late?).

View attachment 2947745
A $6,000 check to cover my new Reefer 625 with all the trimmings.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back